He lied about having a girlfriend and is now ignoring me. I'm so upset how do I get over this?

I was seeing him for a couple of months. We hadn't had sex yet, I said I wanted to wait until things were more serious and I trusted him; he said he wasn't going anywhere.
A couple of things didn't add up. His 'ex' had him in her Facebook display photo still, she went to a family event a few weeks ago and 2 days ago he lied about seeing her for her birthday and said it was a friend.
So I messaged him and asked if he actually has a girlfriend.
He ignored it.
I can't stop crying and I feel like a complete idiot.
How do I be the better person and get over it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't be so na├»ve

• Naive? I said I know he has a girlfriend and I want to be over it. Asshole.

• You know now but I'm sure there were signs in the begining

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should contact the girl.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell his girlfriend.

• I told her but not sure if she'll see the message on Facebook, I can't contact her any other way
      Poor girl if it's true :(
      He messaged and said its over between them but I don't think I'll take his word for it

What Girls Said 3

• At least you didn't sleep with him! Good for you, and yet another reason to hold off on intimacy.

• He's so wishy washy. He must rely like you

• Be happy you never had sex with him, he is a jerk. I always remember the quote "When a person shows you who they are, believe them the first time." So now he's showing you who he is, don't chase him. You don't need that in your life.