Guys, would you be okay with your girlfriend proposing to you?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No I wouldn't be good w it. Only because it my mind it takes a man longer to know when he's really in love, for a female it's usually quicker. So if she was to propose and I wasn't in that mind set that everything was right at that time, that this was it I wouldn't want to leave her hangin if you k ow what I mean. I'm not saying no we wouldn't get married at all, I feel I have more pressure on me as the male to be able to take care of her as well as a family because that's what marriage is about. So I'd want to make sure as the male that everything is good and I know at that point when I'm ready to propose that I'm capable of doing as I say I will as a husband, future father, etc.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 32

• It's not my preference if I'm being honest.
    I'm a bit more traditional in that sense and I'd like to propose when the time comes.

0|1
    0|0
  • ... that awkward moment when a girl you had no intention of marrying, proposes to you...

0|0
    0|0
    • Same could be said if a guy proposes to a woman

• yea, but women are always so gung-ho about marrying and getting excited about the prospect, while guys are the exact opposite.

• It be odd. ok with it, I doubt I'd say yes immediately.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she wants to pull the trigger she better be sober. If things go well over the next three years I'll ask

0|0
    0|0
  • I suppose so.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because if I was ready to get married I would've proposed to her since that's the normal tradition

0|0
    0|0
    • Tradition isn't really my thing

• Depends on what my answer would be. If I wanted to marry her, if be excited about it, though maybe a little disappointed that I didn't get to propose to her. But if I didn't want to marry her it'd just be really uncomfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely! I'd be touched, and itd mean even more to me, since its not as common. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • Totally yes! I mean if it's appropriate and not like overly hasty. It'd make me soo happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would, provided she's not drunk or it's only the second date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep.

My mother proposed to my father, and next January they'll be celebrating 40 years of marriage :D

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, it would be cool

0|0
    0|0
  • i would be very happy with that

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe in Marriage so I would be horrified if that happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I'd be fine with it if I had a g/f.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck yeah, if I had one.

But most white women don't like Asian men, so it's a tiny chance.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why did you have to mention skin?
      Do you have an idea how stupid your comment is?

• @davepetef Well, I only like white women and I'm not into women of other races, even my own.

• That'd be splendid. It wouldn't matter to me if she proposed to me, or if I did to her.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely not. When its time I'd be the one asking her to marry me.

0|0
    0|0
    • So you expect them to wait even if it's a long time?

• Show All
    • And?
      Majority of girls still want guys to approach (80% said so in last poll), pay for first date, want a ring. What does this have to do with "21st" century. If you're the feminist type, we need not continue anyway, I have no interest to date a feminist to begin with.

• I'm not apart of the majority

• I think it would be pretty cool!

0|0
    0|0
  • Truthfully, I don't know... I guess I would be if it was something I had been thinking about doing. Otherwise, it would be ackward

0|0
    0|0
  • Its fine dont listen to men who say bad idea they are just afraid more women would do it

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a problem.. girlfriend asked me nearly 20 years ago.. I said yes

0|0
    0|0
  • im down with everything

0|0
    0|0
  • No but I would be ok with her pooping on me

0|0
    0|0
  • years surely

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends if I wanted to get married?

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I'd rather do the proposing, so I won't have to deal with the guilt of being a wuss.

0|0
    0|0
  • If we were at a place were marriage wasn't weird... like it was a legitimate consideration than I would be happy to see the she was excited about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd be totally down. It's 2016 we talk about being equal yet still feel uncomfortable when it comes to what roles society has chosen for us traditionally.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys