Should someone take charge in a relationship?

My girlfriend does in mine, and their are other relationships like it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course. How else would you get anything done? Lol. In all seriousness though, for serious future planning, someone does have to take charge and start planning and making moves. I'm not saying like bowl over your partner and do whatever you want without taking their opinions into consideration, but yes, someone needs to take charge.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, there is nothing wrong in someone taking charge of the relationship, it allows the other person to relax and play the support role. It doesn't really matter as long as the relationship remains healthy, friendly and also lovely.

There is nothing wrong in woman taking charge as well

What Girls Said 9

• i think it's better as teamwork but when it comes to different 'areas', whoever has more knowledge on it should take control.

• Me and my boyfriend are both equally passive and it actually makes things weird sometimes. We have to take turns making decisions.

But I know neither of us could stand it if the other was really bossy or naggy. I'm sure different things work for different personalities

• No I don't think so. It should just be a mutual thing.

• I prefer a partnership approach... we make decisions together.

• I prefer if neither of us is wearing pants if ya know what I mean.

• Sometimes thats the case sometimes its not. Its probably trial and error.. Whatever works for your relationship is whats best

• Both should be in charge, not only one... a relationship is two-way.

• not all the time

• Yes, in general it's the man

What Guys Said 11

• Usually, guys would be the ones in charge of their relationships. But I guess some ladies pretty to be the one in charge, other times it's kind of a struggle where both people want to be in charge and make all the decisions, planning and calling all the shots and then when they don't agree, they would fight over it.

• In my opinion , If someone has to take charge during the relationship then the other person has to put in a little more effort because she might start to feel like you don't like her as much or you aren't as committed as she is.

• I think both sides should agree on what needs to be done and if it isn't clear after a while, I stop kicking it with them , because I have put all I had in a relationship before, and she used me and broke up with me. Trying my best not to go down that road again.

• Sexual, me
    Everything else mostly, both mutual
    Deciding what restaurant to go to, her lol

• Yes you have to take charge otherwise nothing gets done.

• no, its a two way lane for me.

• I think it just happens organically based on personality types

• If that is a comfortable and liked way of doing things by both partners, go for it. If one partner feels unheard and steamrolled then there is a problem, but if the relationship works, who cares?

• Take charge of what?

• ye everybody

• It won't be long till its all over im afraid.

• Huh?

• She doesn't find that attractive

• She likes taking charge