Why do guys believe that girls have predictable types?

There was this myTake from a bitter 17 years old guy that gave up on dating because he got rejected. And this guy obviously had to point out that girls have only one type, the tall, muscular, dark and rich dude.
Of course I had to show my best friend the bitterness of this poor soul and she told me that she hears this stuff whenever she rejects a guy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some women are/can be very rude when they turn a guy down which destroys their self esteem. I was rejected countless times by women and none of them were very kind or polite about it... My girlfriend was the only woman that i can think of that was truly polite and kind. Before her my esteem was dead, and I was a very very bitter person. To a extent the harsh rejection were to blame, but not entirely. As for the assigned groupings of women... Well we as human beings find things easier to cope with when we boil down all of the extra deviation and have a generalization we can point to.
    Both men and women are to blame for this.
    Men for becoming bitter due to rejection
    And women for being harsh when they turn a man down. If you don't like him that's fine, but you don't really have the right to be so harsh as to hurt his self esteem.

Most Helpful Girl

• its just a thing that most guys do to feel better about the themselves and kidna shit the blame
    "girls only like jerks"
    "they only like rich guys"
    "they only like (insert w. e vain or bad quality) guys"
    "i got statistics from the internet from unknown sources that agree with what i said and im gonna bring them up in every single conversation"
    "feminism"
    "they dont like me because i respect them"
    "girls are cheaters anyways"

aaannnnd the list goes on and on

What Guys Said 14

• Feminism has made masculine charm very rare indeed. And, when it comes to attracting women, the only two alternatives to charm are looks and money. And, when it comes to looks, women's preferences are much less diverse than men's. So, there you have it.

Though not exactly ugly or poor myself (LOL), I easily out-compete better-looking and richer men, but I am one of the few men who have managed to defy feminism and to teach themselves masculine charm.

• Actually girls make it easy to predict what type are they. What girls like, love, prefer are each there own. But take a look at the Mytakes from women and 100% of them show the same light skinned, square jawed, narrow eyes, with either dimples or cheek boned tall guy, who has 6 packs and a muscular chest. It's obvious is obvious. But not everyone is bitter. There are two types of women. Mature and immature.

• Even the myTake owner self proclaimed himself as a bitter person, so why should I be PC and not say the obviou?
      And now you did exactly what I'm talking about. 😐

• Women don't know what they like or want, they get their opinions and tastes from friends and media. It's all about impressing other women and being the best and having the best in your group.

• because the younger you are, the more valued appearance is... thus when you're rejected.. and young. you immediately because it's the way you look... and most of the times, it is.

• Umm 😂
    Desperate guys you see
    by the way I don't know what girls exactly means when they say tall , dark and handsome :P

• It's tall, dark and handsome. 😂
      I'm a girl and don't know what it means. 😂
      But I have a feeling that it means a mediterranean type who's at least 6' and has a manly face. 😂

• I said just a possibility. 😂

• Stop breaking my heart 😞

• It's because they have low self esteem... due to this low self esteem they try to find faults in others and degrade them in order to get social acceptance... but they don't realize that they come off as jerks while doiƱg so.

• Guys can come up with reasons even if bitter, but isn't always "only one type, the tall, muscular, dark and rich ". I would've thought you probably heard Bad Boys more often.

• stupid and ignorant

• thanks for agreeing with me. 🙌

• hmm okay still works :P

• Funny how they don't care about "ikr" and "idgaf", but need to correct "t h x", "i d k" and "b t w". They are selective af. 😂

• Guys have to feel better about themselves somehow.
    Not me, though, I'm too experienced for that.

• I think we all have certain types we like. There can be more than one though. Personally I've never been rejected and probably never will lol jk

• Yeah, I know that people have some types, but this doesn't mean that 3.5 billion women's type is the same.

• That's cool. I like almost anything. But a good Taylor Swift song isn't bad too lol please don't be evil to me for that lol

• Me and my girlfriend love Jamming to t swift! Lol

• It's true for some guy's I have never dated so I won't know

• All women want a billionaire bodybuilding doctor.

• Cause they do. Lol.

• Now you mention it yeah, to an extent

What Girls Said 7

• Some guys try to find a reason to justify why they were turned down that shifts the blame away from who they are as a person. It's easier to accept rejection sometimes when you just assume that it has nothing to do with you, but rather the persons preferences. But also do keep in mind that there are objectively attractive qualities in a guy. Most girls do actually like the tall, muscular, dark and rich dude, but guys don't realize that those aren't the ONLY types of guys we like.

• I am with my perfect type atm
    Just a bit taller than me, but not tall. Not rich. Dark skinned (black), Muscular (is an athlete) and well dressed.
    He has a sexy accent and is very generous towards the homeless despite not having much of his own.

There is nothing wrong with wanting a handsome, fit and healthy man!
    I keep myself to the standard that I want to attract by eating healthy etc etc.
    I am not attracted to bitter chubby men that are only drawn to materialistic things.

• I don't say that it's wrong to be attracted to handsome men, don't get me wrong! I'm talking about the guys that believe that if you aren't Nick Bateman, women won't give you the time of the day.

• Sorry that wasn't aimed at you, but more towards the guys you are speaking about in the posts.
      I agree with you. Just like men we have types and celebrity crushes, but at the end of the day, a good soul (with seductive charm ofc) wins hands down!

• I honestly have no idea. I haven't figured out the logic behind most women's mind so I'm not sure why the hell a guy think he would. Honestly we do some shit that just doesn't make sense 😂
    Anyways for the most part, I've seen that women aren't blunt and can send mixed signals which is why guys will usually ask, but I don't know why it's the end of the world when we say no. It's like the wicked witch screaming I'm melting but you know damm well that water only messed up her weave.

• Yeah, we can't figure out our own gender (let alone knowing 3.5 billion women) and they think they have figured us out. 😂

• "I haven't figured out the logic behind most women's mind so I'm not sure why the hell a guy think he would."

hahaha :D

• i know oh my gosh. i do love it when guys think that though lmao.

• Some guys try to... Find a 'reason' to why they got turned down, instead of seeing as 'okay i just wasn't their type'. Instead they accuse not only that female that turned them down but also most, if not all others to only 'want a rich/muscular guy'. It's a childish behavior, and i can understand why those type of guys get turned down honestly :/

• Because tons of guys here are stupid af

• They don't get what they want so they complain and blame anything else. That goes for men and women. There are so many different types of people out there, it's silly to think that there is only one type desirable.