Girls would you date a guy with anxiety, though he could completely suppress and handle situations without a problem?

Or is having anxiety asking too much of a partner?

• Too much to ask, deal breaker
  • Not too much to ask, this sort of flaw is not a deal breaker

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends, to be honest.

As with all mental disorders, it would have to depend on how it manifests and if the man is doing what he can to manage it.

If it prevented him from working, driving, going to the grocery store, or other similar basic everyday activities, then it would probably be too much for me to handle.

If he was able to remain self-sufficient, and the anxiety mostly reared its head during new or stressful situations, then I cannot imagine that being much of an issue and would do what I could to support him through those times.

What Girls Said 19

• It would totally depend. I was diagnosed with moderate to severe GAD a while back and obviously still suffer with it. It's cool if my partner has anxiety too but I'd need to make sure they weren't gonna affect my own mental health, y'know? I need to look after myself and can't get in a relationship with someone who isn't gonna be good at helping me stay calm. If that guy was able to suppress his anxiety and it wouldn't affect my health, then I'd consider dating him.

• As long as the anxiety doesn't prevent him from doing anything then I don't have an issue at all. I'll talk him through whatever he needs, but he has to be willing to work on it and open to change as well.

• As long as he talks about what's on his mind or bugging him from time to time, then it doesn't bug me at all.

• Not a deal breaker. I go through that too, so we could support each other.

• Ya of course i would date someone like him I have friends that have anxiety so I wouldn't bat an eye at it. I'd most likely be there to support and motivate him listen whatever! S'all cool with username <3

• Yes, I would. We could work through it, and I'd be there to support him.

• Yes. I'm Bipolar so I would love to have someone like that. He can understand my own anxiety, but still handle the problem. The guys I've been with were not sympathetic at all and didn't help me whatsoever.

• Anxiety is extremely common, and most people with the world experience it in one way or another. Especially if they live with some sort of stress in their life which is very difficult to avoid in today's world

• If he could handle situations than he does not have anxiety. You have stated an oxymoron. The question needs and go back to the drawing board

• I am dating a man with an anxiety disorder. He's on medication for it, so it's handled but he is for the most part very subdued because of it.

• *Has GA Disorder*

Listen I am basically the person you described so we could jive.

• You are a guy with anxiety?

• You have GA?
      Hmm im not diagnosed with GA surprisingly but i am with major depression, PA and alexithymia which was two years ago (stopped taking prescriptions). Probably those symptoms have gained another friend.
      I don't know why i say this online lol, hitting that stage of life where its the ahh fuck it stage.

• Lol I'm not a guy with anxiety but I am a female with general anxiety disorder so I can sympathize.

• As long as he's still able to handle situations and problems, I'd be fine with it.

• I suffer from serve anxiety and panic attacks... so yes :)

• Totally I have anxiety too :)

• Yes I'm the same way

• What do you mean by that

• That sounds like most guys!

• I have anxiety too so we would both be a wreck

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 0