How long should you wait before asking a girl to be your girlfriend?

I have been dating this girl for two months. We text and see each other often. Also, we kiss and hold hands. The only issue is that she doesn't treat me like her boyfriend. There have been times where she goes to social gatherings and she doesn't invite me. For instance, she went to a cousins party without me. She does text me and tells me how everything is going. I want to ask her to be my girlfriend, should I ask her or wait a little more?

What Girls Said 2

• Just ask. No one here can tell you because we don't know the details of your relationship. If you want her to be your girlfriend, ask. There's no "right" time to wait before doing so because every relationship has it's own timeline.

One thing though, I don't think going to a cousins party without inviting you means anything. You don't know her family, maybe it was a small gathering, even if you were dating she might not have taken you.

• Just go with your gut. Depends on the chick. My husband and I talked for a few months and then on our first date he told me he didn't want to see anyone else and wanted to be with me. I thought it was joke and was like "yeah, sure." all while thinking "I'll never see that guy again". Here we are married for years.

What Guys Said 1