Is my boyfriend using me?

Lately my boyfriend has been acting kinda different, he always seems to cancel plans to hangout and sometimes ignores me. Like today for example he texted me this morning asking to hangout and I said okay and then he said can I also borrow $20 and I said sure so anyways I just feel like why did he wanna hangout now but not before is it because he might be using me because he wanted to borrow money so that's why he wanted to chill? I'm so confused and I don't know what to do? Also should I treat him like he treats me and just ignore him too and only talk to him when he messages first

Most Helpful Girl

• ask him what's up. it definitely sounds like he asked you to hang just so it didn't come across as just asking for money.

• What exactly should I ask him? And yeah that's what I think too because we only hungout for 3 hours to buy the thing he wanted and then after that he walked me to the bus (I didn't say I wanted to go home) and said bye

• Tell him you noticed that you guys don't really hang out much any more and it seems like he doesn't really reach out, and ask him why.

I don't know, if I was in your situation I wouldn't put up with this. If you don't show me that you want to be with me and spend time with me, or at the very least TALK TO ME, then I won't feel like I'm in a relationship and I'll leave.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• I see your predicament, I think next time you should ask him and if he cancels you'll know.. or put the bait out, offer him money again and if he accepts dump his ass. I think you should do that first

• Man, this is not how it should be when y'all are together. Its like your first stages of dating or something. Did you communicate to him how this makes you feel? if so and he hasn't change, then he is not a good boyfriend and is maybe in fact using you

I would not give him the money if your feeling like that is the only reason why he wanted to hang out bc its gonna hurt even more. See his reaction and if he gets mad or ignores you right after, dump his butt. That is not the type of boyfriend you want and yes he was with u for the wrong reasons

He is your man, you shouldn't have to set up dates. It should an automatic thing to see each other all the time or frequently. I think maybe he doesn't know how to be a boyfriend or is losing interests.

• Yup, wait and see. If he only uses you for money, or sex, find yourself another :p

• I wouldn't necessarily play games, but more or less, have some dignity. I don't know how he usually is, but from this post, it sounds like he is using you. Next time he asks to borrow money, tell him you can't afford to right now. Pay close attention to his response. This will determine if you need to dump him or not.

• Why are you dating a poor guy , nah you don't deserve someone like that

• I think you should talk to him about it.

• have you talked to him about this?

• No I haven't, how should I bring it up to him?

• If this is how you feel then yes, I think you should talk to him. Like, if you're in a relationship you're supposed to be able to talk to one another if something's wrong. If he doesn't respond well, does't listen or totally disrespects you then you'll know that you can move on since you deserve better behavior. If he responds well - then congrats, you just made your relationship a little bit stronger :)

• Honestly he sounds like a sucky boyfriend.