Would you secretly marry?

Long story short I can't have intercourse with my girlfriend because of religious beliefs. Yet she has no problem with getting married without her parents knowing. In fact I love her and I don't wanna fk her life up or mine. I can marry but I can't have kids now. what's ur take on this guys?

• Yes.
  • No, explain.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you have a very good established relationship there shouldn't be any reason as to why you have to secretly marry. Don't be foolish. I know somebody who did just that, and it's causing problems within the family. This is not because of religious belief's. Its the exact reason of what you just said in your post: you DON'T want to cause problems, AND you don't want kids now. The point is why are you in this relationship for? If you want to get married then just get married. The only reason that is holding you back is yourself. If you two are in a relationship that her parents would not approve because of 'Religious' reasons, then maybe you need to sit this one out if they have never met you. Parents play a major role in families and your marriage. Without mutual respect and blessing from the parents it often turns sour if you two do not already have a strong bond to be together for LIFE. That what it means in marriage. If your sexually interested in your girlfriend, that is why you get married to her besides you loving her and seeing her as a future wife.

My friend is 24 and got married two weeks ago. Both her and her husband is very happy. No they did not have sex, and they stayed that way too. They have been dating for a year and 5 months. They already knew what they wanted, and they did it: together, the right way. And is now reaping the benefits of it too. There is no such thing as being too young or too old to marry. You want to commit, you have every right to. Don't believe the lie. At least your thinking about her and not just yourself.

Most Helpful Guy

• I already dislike the idea of marriage (you sign a piece of paper and waste thousands celebrating this for some reason, and then when you do inevitably break up, it's a hundred times more complicated to get out of the relationship) and as someone who cannot stand being in the spotlight and traditions like these, a big attention-grabbing ceremony would be one step too far, so yes (but that's a completely different reason to).

What Girls Said 15

• Marriage is not ot just so you can have sex it is forever

• If you really love her you would wait.

You only want to marry her because you want to have sex - and then what?

Marriage is about more than just sex - get your head out your ass!

And if you really do want to marry her - for the right reasons - then be a man about it and talk to both hers and your family.

• I think you should both get a grip on reality and stop allowing an outdated belief system ruin your happiness...

• "Wanna bone" is a really terrible reason to get married...

• No we are physically in need of each other but we can't, we already do what couples do except sex

• I would if my parents were deceased. I know that sounds weird, but I honestly don't think I'd want a full blown wedding if my parents weren't there.

• Did you really just ask this? Why the hell would you get married just to get laid? Wait until it's the right time. Do her parents hate you and will never approve of you or something?

• Yes I would secretly marry, no I wouldn't marry just to have sex?

• Nope. I want to be religiously right to at least kiss her.

• If you want to have sex, just have sex. Don't walk into a legal minefield and get married at your age.

• I agree but thats the only way in which im allowed to
      I must stick to blowjobs

• No, I don't like deceiving others unless maybe my life is threatened?

• My brother and I were really close despite an 11 year gap. My brother secretly married his wife a few years ago and it has put a strain on our relationship as a result. Although he wants our family and his wife to be close it's not possible. I believe it was a huge mistake for him to elope and would never even consider putting myself or my family through that. But thats just me... You do you!

• No, why would you need to do it secretly?

• The purpose of marriage is acceptance in the society. If you secretly get married it would be a live in relationship or nothing exists in between the two for the society

• I would. I think id perfer it be secret actually.

• That is ridiculous. You should just marry her with both of your family knowing.

• Yes but what if her parents will say no?

• Who cares. If you are both of legal age, you still can.

• I didn't graduate uni yet. I don't make money to cover a family. I just wanna live an American lifestyle where me and her work and sleep together

• I have religious beliefs that sound similar. As long as you are sure what you're doing, you love each other and want to stay with her forever, go ahead and get married. But take everything into consideration. Especially her beliefs. Because they may cause conflicts in the future

• not allowed in my religion
    and even if it was i still wouldn't

What Guys Said 6

• I would get married if you really love her and know that this attraction is not just physical. You have to be in love with her before you think about it marriage and after that you have to know that you are prepared to love her for the rest of time you're not having sex. I recommend waiting it out plus there are lots of kinky things you can do that isn't sex.

• yeah thats a bad idea in the making

• Ask her dad first.

• marriage is terrible. love is between two, not a community function.

• no i would never marry

• I've though of secretly marrying my girlfriend so she can get a visa, cause I wouldn't want anyone to know I was married. But I wouldn't recommend it, better don't marry her