Why do men cheat?

It seems to me as a general rule that more men cheat than women. Not all men cheat, and some women do. My question is why do more men seem to cheat than women?

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is my one theory right. It obviously doesn't apply to all but it's something I see often.

Men cheat more because they are opportunists who can't dictate their sexual paths like women do.

To elaborate, generally, most men can't get sex as easy as women do. Fact. Even harder, is getting sex from a girl they are truly attracted to. So many men SETTLE. But just like how women tell their male friendshipzone friends that they will make a great partner (big lie), men tell their partners (that they settled for) that they are the best and only partner. It's this mediocre choice, or nothing for a guy. It has shit implications. This creates all types of problems.

1) cheating. Because he settled, the moment a better prospect comes, he will take it despite the consequences.
    2) many men see prostitutes because their partner just doesn't give him all his needs. But he didn't look around enough or never had the opportunity to do so.
    3) late bloomers who were overlooked by women in their youth usually settle for a girl but when they bloom and realise that they can do better, they start experimenting while still being in the "safety net" of a secure relationship.
    4) of the major divorce stats, women initiate it more than men. But it's many times because the men treat them like shit (mans fault). Why? Because the guy settled and projects his poor poor choice her.

I

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that is true.
    Women are just better at hiding their affairs hence it seems like men cheat more often, because they are caught more often :P

What Guys Said 21

• Well to be honest answering your question is actually very difficult, because there are a variety of answers that may or may not be right. It could be from the stigma of men or it could be that we as men are just not as good at keeping it a secret. The stigma of men being that we are like dogs and sex is like a treat. Keep in mind that the term "Cheating" doesn't mean having only physical interatment, but it can be emotional too. It could be, even though the percentage of both men and women cheating are about the same, women tend to cheat emotionally rather than physically. Now, I'm not saying that is true, but i'm not saying that it isn't either. Women cheating could go more unnoticed than men cheating because they could get emotionally attachted and invested into another person while in a relationship. Men probabally do the same, but not as much. It's much eaiser to hide something emotional rather than something physical. Anyway, this is only a thought. I'm probabally right or wrong, but I hope it gives you some ideas to finding the answer to your question. Keep in mind, some times there just isn't an answer. Hope this was helpful.

• Actually it has been proven cheating is 50/50 between women and men. That just as many women cheat than men. There have been studies done on this. I also believe that as well by the number of married women I have had that have wanted to cheat on their man with me. I have had to turn down many women because they are married.

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...100639c6a0.jpg

I've seen many times where a man with a trophy wife still cheats on her. Why is he cheating? Because he's unsatisfied.

This quote struck me because it made perfect sense. The point of this is soulmates.

What is a soulmate? First, we have to understand what is a soul. Now answer me this: Am I my body or am I the spirit and soul within the body?

Now, the quote says that a man who loves a woman's face or body will go through many women but not be satisfied.

Conversely, a man who loves a woman's soul will only love one woman.

What does that mean? A soul. My soul. I am the soul within my body. My soul drives my body as if my body were just a vehicle (Christians call it a vessel).

So to love a woman I have to love the soul and spirit of her before loving her body, looks, etc.

To me, I am looking for someone who I respect and admire; love her for her characteristics. Then, if she happens to have a Victoria Secret's model body, Julia Roberts lips, large milky succulent breasts and bubble butt is just a bonus.

But first, start with the soul. The rest will follow.

• I just read a study where 70% of married men polled had cheated. 50-60% of women admitted to it. Maybe men average cheating more often.

The study said general unhappiness was not associated with cheating.

Also "Sexual dissatisfaction IS. The higher your husband is satisfied sexually, the lesser he is likely to cheat on you." And "Lower self esteem and personal issues are likely to encourage infidelity."

• Most guys really like sexual variety. This is a common characteristic in male mammals.

• it seems that way due to societal expectations and gender stereotypes

• It's because MOST males have a higher sex drive than women, and if they are in a relationship that isn't making them satisfiyed, they often attempt to get sex from their partner as well as a stranger to make up for it... in my line of business we have a word for people that do this king of stuff, the word... CUNT XD

I'm really glad that you included the fact that it's not only men, otherwise could have gotten a lot of backlash XD

• Because women are less likely to want to satisfy their partner sexually, and men get fed up with that.

• because men dont get attention as women do or as much, so its like asking why do most women end up being sluts and lesbians, because again girls can get all the attention especially when they want.

• Not all men cheat. For those that do, my guess would be that they can't resist the sin of flesh lust.

• i have never cheated. I have had 4 serious relationships of over 2 years and 2 of those girls cheated on me.

women are just as capable of cheating.

• 1. relationship is bad
    2. Guy wants some different pussy
    3. They never were settling down to begin with.

• Why do woman cheat.

• wow, now that's a generalization. It goes both ways. I myself dont cheat. I know what it feels like

• its fun

• It's probably 50/50 though...

• Do u want all the reason or just like three reason

• the same reasons women do

• Stats show women cheat more than men. Look it up on Google.

• Opportunity. As women have entered the workforce, their cheating rates have been catching up.

Now if you want to know why men cheat, i'd say there are two fairly distinct categories:
    - there are habitual cheaters who have always cheated and always will. There aren't THAT many of these guys, but they cheat a ton, so women run into them a lot because they're always hitting on women! Why? some combination of entitlement, narcissism, it being normalized in their peer group, problems with intimacy, strong drive for a variety of partners, huge opportunity

- then you have a big pool of guys who in 'normal situations' wouldn't cheat. But if they're in a relationship where they feel neglected, where sex has become routine, or even more commonly, close to non existent, they feel unwanted and undesireable, but for some reason they either won't leave, or their self esteem has dropped to the point they can't imagine it being better... and then some woman actually wants to fuck them... they cheat.

The second group can be minimized by having a decent relationship. The first group you need to screen out.

• Have you seen the way some women treat men? Its no wonder men cheat.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think men necessarily are the ones who cheat more.

• everyone can cheat. It's not subjective to just one sex more than the other.

• I think it is 50/50 😊