What Do I Do After I Friend zone Someone?

Recently, a guy that I've been seeing for a couple of months asked me what his chances were for something more. It was completely out of the blue and I stammered through an answer that basically was that I wanted to continue as just friends. We haven't really known each other that long, but I'm aware that his level of interest is greater than mine. What is killing me is that we'd talked about this before and he had agreed with me; suddenly, he wants to jump the gun? Now things are just weird. We're apart for the summer anyway, so I don't really see how we could have taken things further, but I hate feeling guilty for being honest with him. I also feel bad because I am not attracted to him on that level. He still texts me and acts like he wants to be friendly, but he's also being distant and flippant, and I think he's angry. What would be a good way to approach this? Should I try to talk to him about it, act like nothing is wrong, or just let it go? I'm really busy right now and I don't need the extra stress, so how do I end things amicably/stay friends (I know there's a good chance that won't happen, but I figure it's worth a shot). Has anyone else been hit by a similar situation? Advice, please!

Most Helpful Guy

• Be honest, but polite. Tell him you aren't attracted to him on that level and that you don't see things going further, but that you would like to remain friends. If he accepts those terms and wants to remain friends, cool. If he can't help but see you in a more significant light, then he'll have to move on, however begrudgingly.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell him to stop wasting his time 'cuz he'll thank you for that later

• if he is ok with just being friends thats great but you have to be clear its not going any further because he will just get pissed.

What Girls Said 1

• You should let it go.