Is my boyfriend a psycho? Or Im just paranoid?

I just dated a guy for 2 months. He is really overprotective and always scared that im going to leave him for another guy. He said he was serious with me and won't leave me for another girl as well. He ever told me to promised to him that I won't leave him, so I did told him that I won't. But sometimes he makes me uncomfortable like he often get jealous when I told him about my guy friends, and the think that freaks me out is he ever jokes to me that he would kill a guy that trying to get close to me, and he also often jokes about sadistic thing. When I said that I got scared when he told that, he asked "so you have a plan to cheat on me?" I said "no, of course" he replied "then why did you scared?" I replied "it just freaks me out". I really love him and he is a really nice guy. But sometimes his sadistic jokes makes me uncomfortable and when I said that im scared he keep continueing the jokes.
So, what I have to do? Is it possible that he is a psycho or im just paranoid? Do I have to continue this relationship or seeking a help?

Sorry for my bad English x_x thanks before!

Oh once that I forgot to tell. He also has a girl friends, and sometimes he hangs out with them. I just think its kind of unfair when he easily gets jealous on me while he also likes to hanging out with his girl friends.
Thank you so much for all the opinions ^^
I'll talk to him about things that making me uncomfortable and I hope he could understand. I still love him, and I dont want to end it yet. I really hope that he will change his behaviour. So thank you once again ^^

Most Helpful Guy

• Looks like he had Been hurt in the past... I feel bad for this guy... He is literally so scared of getting cheated on that it has made him insecure...

It's not his fault... If you prove it to him that you will never hurt him he will start trusting in you and he will change...
    But then again you don't sound like a Good girlfriend too as you mentioned in your another comment that you may leave him for another guy...
    So I would suggest if you are gonna hurt him in future anyways then leave him more he deserves better...

• *then leave him now

• Noo, I said "what if". We never know what will happen in the future, what if he keeps making me uncomfortable with his behaviour in the future and decide to leave him because I couldn't handle again anymore?
      But thank you so much for your opinion, I dont want to leave him either, I honestly still love him and want him to change his behaviour that makes me uncomfortable, so I probably going to talk to him about this, and I hope he could understand

• Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he has insecurities. If it seems like he starts trying to control you, please get out of that relationship. It's hard to say at this point whether or not he is capable of being psychotic as I do not have enough information to take a stand on that. But if he starts acting too controlling, I'd say there's a great possibility that he would resort to being abusive in the future. Maybe he is just very insecure and doesn't want to lose you.

Tell him that you can have guy friends but that doesn't mean you will be unfaithful to him. Tell him that you would appreciate if he would respect that they were in your life before he was and that he has to be able to trust you if he wants the relationship to last. Let me know what he says. This will be a huge determining factor of his personality.

• I ever told him about it and he is agreed and won't do that anymore. But when im out with my guy friends who is also his friends, he said to me to keep telling him where I go, and he seems kind of disappointed and jealous but he didn't tell me about that. He barely get jealous now, but when we're about to go to sleep he sometimes said like this to me on the chat "goodnight, dont cheat on me okay" "dont chat with another guys".
      Thanks for your opinion! I would try to talk to him about his sadistic jokes, and I hope he would understand

• Okay.. thank you so much...
      Oh yeah my mom once ever posted a pict of me and her and she tagged me to it. I think my guy friend seeing it on explore and he liked the photo.
      My boyfriend asked who he was and I said "oh he was my classmate." He was kind of worried so I said "ill ask him about it".
      So yeah I did chatted my friend about it, and he said he wanted to see the chats. I scrolled down and I forgot that I actually has deleted the chat because I was cleaned up my chat history already. He little bit disappointed when I said the reason and said "so what is the different between you're covering that you're chatting with another guy?" Sorry if you get confused with my English :(

• He's so stupid. Instead of being upset that you talked to your guy friend, he should be lucky that he has a girlfriend who was honest with him about it. You could've just denied it. Even if he has been hurt before, that's no excuse to be controlling. Please, please, PLEASE tell your mother so that she can protect you. It's not normal for a guy that age to be that controlling. He obviously has some mental issues going on, and even though I don't know you, I care about you. I know what people with a mental illness are capable of doing. I've worked with mental health patients and I could tell you some stories that would blow your mind. Just please tell her though while you have a chance. It doesn't even matter if she will be upset as long as she knows so that if something happens, she will be aware of the situation.

What Guys Said 9

• in my opinion, your boyfriend is a 'psycho' yes. That's not something to joke about. Also, you shouldn't pander to his nonsense. "He ever told me to promised to him that I won't leave him, so I did told him that I won't." That's nothing no one can ever promise. Relationships break down. He needs to deal with that. By not nipping this in the bud, and allowing all this, you're making this really difficult for yourself. This is not just about him, but about you, and your reaction to him. He in fact, partially, is only allowed to get away with this, because you allow him to and roll over to his bullshit. The boundaries must be clear and defined. And if he steps over them, it's over.

• Danger!! He's been wounded by another woman, probably cheated on or saw that in his parents. He needs counseling although doesn't think he does...

Sadistic... not good.
    Get counseling... both of you...

My prior girlfriend had a boyfriend like this and it was bad. Because he fundamentally doesn't trust which means he's gonna suspect, control, and it will turn physical when you hurt him (intentional or not) by anything you do... like look at a waiter...

• He definitely has some issues to work on. He's controlling and insecure... possibly even will become violent. These "jokes" aren't jokes, nobody jokes about that. He hasn't done anything yet, but I believe he will in time given he's "joking" about it. The fact that it's even crossing his mind is a concern, a big one.

• He is a scary sounding guy. I don't really know what you should do. It is inadvisable to stay with him, but if you leave him who knows what he will do. I suggest contacting a shrink.

• I know... I keep thinking what if I actually decide to leave him in the future and meeting another guy?
      Im scared that he will really kill the another guy that im close with. I really hope that he won't but I kind of worried about it now

• It's possible he's a psycho

• When someone's talking about killing your friends, it's a good sign you have a crazy boyfriend... :D

• Both

• Change city, and tell him that from today you don't love him anymore.

• WOmen finally feeling the effects of what feminism has done to men.

• Ffs mental illnesses have nothing to do with feminism.

What Girls Said 10

• No, you're not paranoid. This guy sounds creepy as fuck. Joking about killing someone is not funny at all. Neither is it funny that he keeps saying these creepy things despite the fact that you have told him it makes you uncomfortable.
    You should definitely seek help and try to break up with him. It can be very dangerous to do that though, which is why you need help. Stay with your family and call the cops if you have to. This guy doesn't sound normal.

• Thank you for your opinion... I want to tell my mom about this but im afraid she worries about me, I will find a time to talk about this with her

• I did have a crazy boyfriend once. He tried blackmailing me into staying with him, so I just told my mom everything myself, faced punishment for doing sinful acts with him and she told him she would have him arrested if he continued messing with me. He continued driving by house and harassing me on social media for about 6 months. Finally, he quit though after we moved and I blocked him. If he's crazy though, you should still tell your parents so they can inform authorities if necessary. This is your life that we are talking about here. This world has gone crazy, so you can't put anything past people in today's time!!

• Yeah he sounds like an insecure nutjob... personally I couldn't be doing with that shit. He's basically accusing you of cheating or planning on cheating. He must not think much of you if he thinks you'll go fucking about behind his back, but with such a winning personality who could blame you?

Step away from the nutter...

• This is a bit creepy... You'd better ask for your friends and parents opinion. What if one day you want to leave him?

• You should tell him that you feel uncomfortable. I'm not really one to say whether what he's doing is normal, but you need to have trust when you're in a relationship.

• Thank you so much for your opinion... I know the key in a succesful relationship is communication so thank you! ^^

• Umm... yeah he's weird. Dump his ass.

• Some people have a dark sense of humor and he's not 'psycho' from what I can tell.

• Run girlfriend run! Don't look back! Get out of there! I'm serious!

• He sounds a bit out there.

• That sounds like a very unhealthy relationship.

• He SOO sounds psycho! I would ask for professional help/opinions about this.