boyfriend told me he doesn't care if he hears from me while on vacation?

I'm going on a 3 week trip to Europe with a group of friends in about a month and some of the girls bfs have shown some nervousness and jealousy. I know none of us will cheat so I said I thought that was ridiculous. But last night my boyfriend told me he didn't care if he hears from me he just wants me to have fun. It was just kind of an odd way to put it and out of nowhere in a conversation. Is he overcompensating because he is nervous or really not care? You would think he would at least want to check in to be sure everything is going ok while I'm in another country.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think in his own clumsy guy-ish way, he is trying to tell you that he isn't insecure and totally trusts you to the point that he won't bother you. He doesn't have that ball and chain mentality some women have. It was meant as a compliment albeit strangely worded. I guess he's viewing it from a guy perspective, because if the roles were reversed, im pretty sure he might not like you checking up on him every second. its vacation... no responsibilities.. and that includes relationships.
    Don't forget, he didn't say you couldn't call him. he just said he won't bug ya.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's weird, sounds like he's secure and trusts you. My guy tends to talk to me less when I'm away too and I asked him about it one day and he said "well I figured I'd just let you have fun and not be on your phone talking to me all the time.." cuz he knows I do that. So I'm sure he would like you to check in, yes, but I think he means more that he doesn't need to hear from you all the time when you're away.

What Guys Said 1

• I think that was his way of saying he trusts you well enough that you don't need to check in with him... he just didn't word it very well lol

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like he trusts you and doesn't want to bother you while you enjoy yourself