Is this a red flag or possibly a narcissist?

I reconnected with an old high school friend on FB. We started off talking on the phone every night for hours, this lasted a month. And then we finally met when he came into town for a family event. He lives several states away. I'm the one who picked him up at the airport and we went and had dinner, and then we just went for a car drive, talking. I was tired because it was late and I told him I should drop him off at his sisters now. He insisted that he stay with me, all while knowing that I'm temporarily living with my mom because my house is gutted out. I kept telling him no. He kept insisting that he'll sleep on the couch and it will be fine. Finally after going back and forth with eachother for a couple minutes, he said in a huff : "fine take me to my sisters. I'm going to be woken up at 5 in the morning by my nephew who will want to play Legos, but it's whatever"

i just find this behavior very odd. My last rship was horrible and there were red flags in the beginning that I ignored. I don't want to make the same mistake.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, that's a very big flag. Not narcissistic, but very selfish, and very much not wanting to listen to you or your concerns. This is someone who will say whatever it takes to get him what he wants, but is clearly not interested in you or what you want, you are a means to an end.

Someone that gets angry because you refuse to acquiesce to his every whim is not someone you want to be involved with. I think those flags are as red as you can get, and waving furiously.

• Seems like he just wanted to spend as much time with you as possible?

I dont see why thats Narcissistic? Did he say that in a joking manner (About the nephew?).

• No, he said it like he was pissed.

• Damn, Im not sure, It sounds like, As i said, He may have just wanted to spend more time with you perhaps?

What Girls Said 0