If he isn't interested why does he bother looking at me?

I see this guy around campus quite often usually on the way home from afternoon classes. He always goes out of his way to make eye contact when we pass by - I'll usually look up on passing and he's looking at me but with a long blank stare and I usually hold it then look down out of shyness. Last time I was looking at him first and he looked up made eye contact and immediately looked away which I was taken aback by as it was a look of complete disinterest when he looked straight at me then away so quickly.

Basically why does he bother making eye contact? he sees me approaching so he could just not even bother looking when we pass.

Most Helpful Girl

• Over-reading... Haha girls are "over" animals.. overreacting, overthinking, and over reading... well if he didn't make eye contact, girls be like oh is he shy? Oh is he being impolite? And right now he makes eye contact, and you are like oh why he bother to make eye contact , so what do you want. He makes an eye contact with many reasons, like he is just scanning around and see you in the field, he may just being polite and showing he saw you, or he wants to talk to you and waiting for your approach, or he just simply want to make an eye contact, with no reason. Be simple, it's easier... Good luck :)

• Thanks I totally agree I wish I could just chillax and stop overthinking every little thing, if it's someone else I can always see that they're over-reading things but when it's me I'm blind LOL

• Its just our brain structure simply differ from guys. No need to fix anything but to learn how to control those "overly done" features not to make things over. Haha...;)

What Guys Said 5

• He wants you to talk to him

• It were you in class or out side cause it very well have been a bird or something caught his eye. Just stay positive.

• you're over reading it. Nothing wrong in making eye contact around people who you see and it really means nothing. I do it too and it makes people nervous. Difference is that if someone makes eye contact with me, I'll make it last until they look away.

• you are just in his field of vision maybe? maybe he is looking at that hot girl behind you.

• He's a window shopper with no intention of buying. Not every guy that sees a girl feels the need to approach.

• I like that idea of window shopping with no intention of buying ;) thanks I'll keep that in mind

What Girls Said 0