Should I apologize to him?

So here's the deal, I'll try to summarize the main points:

- 2 years ago: meet super great guy, hookup, but nothing evolves since we live in different cities and he's much younger than me
- numerous times over next few years: I run in to him, we flirt and make out
- last month: I move back to where he lives
- Saturday: we run in to each other while out drinking and spend all evening flirting and having a good time. We intended to go home together but then I completely blackout and judging from the bruises and scrapes I woke up with I'm assuming he was a glorified babysitter. Needless to say, I'm embarrassed as hell.

I didn't see him when I woke up despite the fact that we slept at the same house (crashed at a friends and I got the hell outta dodge as soon as I woke up). I'm now suffering a huge shame hangover and wondering if I should reach out and try to apologize for whatever happened. It's not even so much about trying to rekindle any relationship that could have evolved, but we have some mutual friends and will likely run in to each other this summer, so at the very least I'd like to clean up my reputation and own whatever crap I may have out him through on the weekend. I just don't want him to have a tainted view of me. What should I do?

What Guys Said 2

• No, you would jut redouble the embarrassment by dragging out an apology!

• Too late for the tainted view. Just don't bring it up

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's not a bad idea. If anything it just shows that you're mature enough to take responsibilities for your actions. I would just say "hey thanks for taking care of me the other night. I don't usually drink that much and I'm really sorry you had to see that part of me and I swear that's not how I normally am. I just wanted to say thanks and sorry again if I ruined our night :("