Should I cancel our date? I'm scared?

I have been texting this guy for many months now it has been about 5 months and we have video chatted and called each other all day long and all night long. We have many things in common and it seems like we really understand each other and we get along. We have never met in person and we are getting ready to next week and I am honestly nervous because I do not know what to do and I do not know what is going to happen. We are always talking to each other and it is like we are basically dating only we have never actually met one another which is the barrier. My thing is that I get really attached to people and I do not want this date to go wrong and he not be the guy that I want and I get my heart broken or the other way around. I just really have anxiety about this whole thing because what if we meet and he turns out to only want me for sex or something? He told me that he really liked me and that he just wanted to meet me because he wanted to get to know me more and then we could take it from there (that is what every guy says) so I am not sure about how true that is. I just have such wonderful hope and I do not want it to be ruined. I have really bad anxiety about this to the point where I am 10 seconds away from calling the whole date off. I just don't know what to do? I don't want this date to go bad and I do not want to get into something and it not be what I want and then it haunts me for the rest of my life? Plus this is pretty much my first actual date and I do not know how to act or what to do.

What Guys Said 1

• 1. I am not about the sex life but I am pretty sure a guy would wait 5 months to have sex with a girl, he would have made his move earlier over phone or video chat.
    2. I think you should trust the guy, not every guy is out to break a girls heart or have sex.
    3. Just stay calm and think about all the fun you'll have, just don't get to excited otherwise the date may seem less fun than expected.
    4. You are nervous about the date and I am sure the guy is just the same, I WILL GUARANTEE he is just as nervous but will probably never admit it.
    5. Just be yourself, I know it'll be extremely hard, but try to go to a lively place and not something 1 on 1 (endless you like that stuff). Show your goofy side and don't overthink everything. Again, way easier said than done.
    6. Do NOT cancel the date last minute, that just happened to me (you can see my messed up dating story).
    7. It probably isn't so much anxiety as it is butterflies with jack hammers.
    8. Lastly just take a deep breath and have a blast.

Get back to me on whether this was was helpful or not!

What Girls Said 1