For the girls, do you like metrosexual men?

"Metrosexual man, the single young man with a high disposable income, living or working in the city (because that's where all the best shops are), is perhaps the most promising consumer market of the decade. In the Eighties he was only to be found inside fashion magazines such as GQ. In the Nineties, he’s everywhere and he's going shopping."

this was written in the independent in 94, it coined the term 'metrosexual man'.

so girls, would you say you like this? or you are attracted to this? metrosexuality men seem to be pushed by the fashion industry as an ideal for men. this makes kind of sense because they want to make money, so they want a man that shops a lot, and spends a lot of money.

in 2002 David Beckam was described as the biggest metrosexual in Britain. it seems that there are a lot of girls in to this guy. would you say that being metrosexual increases your chances with women?

"For some time now, old-fashioned (re) productive, repressed, unmoisturized heterosexuality has been given the pink slip by consumer capitalism. The stoic, self-denying, modest straight male didn't shop enough (his role was to earn money for his wife to spend), and so he had to be replaced by a new kind of man, one less certain of his identity and much more interested in his image – that's to say, one who was much more interested in being looked at (because that's the only way you can be certain you actually exist). A man, in other words, who is an advertiser's walking wet dream."

it seems so materialistic and its all about consuming if you ask me, is this then attractive to women?
i dont mind taking care of my appearance, but the consumption regarding metrosexuals concerns me a lot. it seems that it is mostly city people, but i am not a city person, i a more of a rural man.

What Girls Said 1

• I actually don't. Then again I rarely like anyone, so go figure...

What Guys Said 1

• To me it's just another word for fag