Are most people shallow in the dating world?

I've met a lot of people that are very shallow. I noticed too that more people now are single or haven't found someone seriously until their late twenties or thirties. I mean, I'm a bit shallow too but I'd still keep an open mind to whoever I might come across. What do you think? Are people extremely too picky these days now?

• Yes - too picky
  • No - they're not

Most Helpful Girl

• They do focus on the exterior in the BEGINNING. But... what other options are there? You can't just grab someone out of the vrowd completely randomly and see if their personality suites you - there surely has to be some kind of an attractive component about them physically for you - that's how you narrow down who you'll ask out out of all those people on the street just walking, minding their own business.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup, most are driven by looks initially, but that's not a bad thing.

Making sure health-wise, fitness-wise, diet-wise, fashion-wise, hygiene-wise, grooming-wise, to look one's best REALLY isn't a BAD thing if you think about it. :)

What Girls Said 9

• People are attracted to different types of people. It's just how it is, not shallowness, it's preferences.

• No no. I don't mean preferences like wanting someone who can relate to things like yourself. For example: you meet someone who really connects with you and both of you have awesome chemistry, but then they say they only date skinny people or they only date a certain race. That's what I'm referring to

• Well surely they'd only go on a date with someone if they fit that appearance to begin with?

• Well, that all comes down to the individual

• It's all about preferences but a handful of people are verrrrrrry picky nowadays!

• caring about how the person you date looks is fine, that potentially could be the person you're lookin at for the rest of ya life. das a good enough reason imho

• It's more than just looks

• course it is but looks are important too

• I know looks are important. But there's still group of people that worry more about looks than a personality. I've even caught myself doing that before. But I realized how important it was to have both

• Shallow... or honest with themselves? You either like someone or you don't. Why should people have to pretend they are attracted to someone when they know it is never going to work out?

• I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not shallow at all

• That's good. You'll probably my find someone pretty quick that'll make you happy

• I know I am super picky

• Hmm, i mean some people are, but i don't think most are

• Yes they are. If you're gonna expect perfection make sure you yourself are perfect.

• So basically- is everybody who is single and looking shallow people?

What Guys Said 10

• Picky and shallow is different.
    Am I picky? Hell yeah.
    Am I shallow? Not at all.

I'm picky because I don't want to be with a girl that isn't what I want. I want someone who I can think of spending the rest of my life with and having kids with them. I don't want dummy to be my wife and mother of kids, just like I don't want a super intelligent but cold one.

I'm a perfectionist. I'm hard on myself, so I can't simply be with a girl that isn't gonna ne perfect for me.

• Shallow is such a stupid word when it's used in dating.

People like what they like, let them chase it. If someone doesn't want you it's their loss.

• "most" people actually only want someone nice to settle down with. They don't expect a 7 figure incomes, model looks and charming personalities.

Very few people are truly shallow.

• I voted no by accident. My real answer is YES, people are way too picky

• More than likely the first option.

• Yes and no. From what i've seen most people aren't too picky who they date. When it comes to online dating the standards aren't realistic.

• Yea I can agree with that. I saw a video about okcupid of people having awful profiles

• I can't speak for others but personally I am shallow when it comes to looks and sexual history.

• Yes we are. Having superficial preferences is shallow.

• I don't really think there's such thing as shallow. You know what you're attracted to and as long as no one is being physically hurt, want what you want.

• No, everyone has the right to choose, you shouldn't be with someone you don't like just so people don't call you "shallow"