Would you date a doctor?

• Yes! Give reasons why
  • No! Give reasons why

Most Helpful Guy

• Should be interesting with my alternative health practices and outlook. On a practical level, she's likely to be too career focused and tired all the time; for me relationships and a great degree of intimacy are more important than anything else.

Also, she's not likely to want to date me, since my 'power' is more internal.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean... I work security in a hospital and... gonna be honest... there are some male doctors who take really good care of their figures and their skin lol

It's like... I know they come to work, do their job, and then go to the gym and go home and go to sleep and repeat.

I know their work schedules. I know they must not have time for social lives - 'cause I also go to the gym, go to work, go home, sleep, and repeat. I barely have time for a social life. If my boyfriend's schedule wasn't as busy as mine we probably wouldn't make it.

So... I'd date a doctor because they're attractive and I know they're nice (except the ones who think they're God's gift to mankind because they are a doctor, but those don't speak to lowly security officers such as myself) but I wouldn't because... when would we date? Like... we don't have any time haha

What Guys Said 22

• Yes, though I worry about the working hours, they tend to suck, and I really like and need time with her.

• On one hand, money- sounds extremely shallow, but we would have nice things, which is nice, but by no means necessary. Intelligent (and very likely to be well read)- me likey. Cares for the well-being of others- me also likey.

On the other hand- very long hours- leaving early, coming in late, probably tired all the time, not enough time for kids (with the money, can lead to spoilt children), or me for that matter. My uncle is a top neurosurgeon in London, so I hear these things firsthand :/

• "Yes! Give reasons why" cuz i'd get free health care more than likely via having her heal my wounds.

• Dating a doctor is nice when they are free but if they play a key part at a hostpital it can be draining to have them gone. When your doing nothing.

• Is she hot?

• yes, well if im having a health issue i know where to turn to, cause im a bit of a hypochondriac and i have panic attacks, and im cardio-phobic so a girl like that would be perfect for me.

• Yeah cuz sometimes you dont have time for an emergency room trip lol

• Why not, if she is beautiful yeah!!! She's already smart since she is a doctor! The only problem I ever see with dating doctors/nurses is that time can be an issue with their job and not having an excessive amount of social time

• yes I would have healthcare and medical advise on tap.

• sure

• yes i would because i dont see any reason why i shouldn't

• Yes. They're caring people. They've dedicated their well-being to the good of others.

• Yes I would date a doctor

• Yea sure if I like her.

• She's likely to be intelligent, professionally stable and have some curiosity about the world (the latter not guaranteed).

If she felt herself superior to the common run of humanity because she had a medical degree then, frankly, I'd tell her to take a hike. Working night shifts or weekends might be a problem but it should be possible to work round it.

• PS: In my experience some doctors do feel themselves superior, intellectually and morally. Of course not saying that's you.

• I know some really stupid doctors...

• Shitty hours and female Dr's tend to wanna' date their professional equals. Who cares how much she makes if ill never see her.

• I don't know but the hours they work is a very serious deterrent

• To be a doctor she has to be intelligent and ambitious and I happen to find those things attractive.

• no they kill people

• No I wouldn't. Every single doctor I have ever met was an asshole that acted like they were better than everyone else. They also cheat like crazy. Overall they are just horrible people. Them being a doctor is a huge red flag.

• Since I'm planning on becoming one, why the heck not. She would understand more about my job etc. Therefore she won't complain about me not being home most of the time.

What Girls Said 14

• Yea because they're helping save peoples lives- something I find admirable.

• Yes! I wouldn't have to make appointments all the time!

• Yes, because I definitely want a successful and smart man who is a hero since he saves life.
    To me someone with a good career is a must have when it comes to relationships.

• no.
    1. I'm a germaphobe
    2. they spend all day touching other people. I prefer my man only touch me, and vice versa

3. they have a high rate of cheating with nurses and patients

4. they high a high rate a depression and suicide

5. they don't spend adequate time with their families, don't contribute as much emotionally

• I would date a doctor if I was attracted to him. I would date anyone I'm attracted to and see where it goes.

• They tend to be emotionless and get stuck on charts and work a lot, I'd probably want to spend more time with them so no

• ya, i have before

• Yeah I would

• Maybe...

• Yeah of course lol why not?

• No. He would probably be married to his job and I would come second. Sharing is not something I'm good at...

• Yes, cause of his money

• No, I'm not enough of a trophy wife to marry a doctor.

• Hell yes