Have you ever liked someone who you felt was out of your league?

I remember one time I liked this girl, she was very nice to me and had such an elegant manner. She was also very intelligent and had multiple university offers! But that's what made me feel insecure about myself and I started to self-hate myself for a while.

She's now studying to become a physician, and here I am living my life with college rejections, poor grades and working as a pizza delivery guy. :( I'm glad she got the chance to study something that she wants to do in life! Maybe I will find the right girl one day.

Anyone else felt like this? Share your stories!

• I know the feeling.
  • Hadn't experienced it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I once had a thing for this super attractive guy, I considered him out of my league, he was like my dream guy, we had a thing, at first everything was so perfect, he was so sweet, eventually he started being a but aggressive and demanding, until one night he went way overboard, I have never been so scared of someone in my whole life, after that I never saw him again, and I learnt that, even though I thought he was too much for me, that I didn't deserve him, that it was him that didn't deserve me, and that I should never feel worthless or unworthy of someone, he taught me that looks are just that looks, that what's truly important is what you have inside, yeah this guy could easily be the next sexiest man alive, but he was rotten inside

Most Helpful Guy

• This is pretty much what I am going through right now. This girl in my year, though... She's so intelligent, very mature, huge determination in life and just overall a really lovely girl. Yet, I'm neither of those things. We both met at our first rehearsal of a school theatre production at the start of the school year. So we are both interested in what we want to do in life.

But still, I just can't even imagine me being together with her, there's no way, soI don't really much intention of asking her out. I've done a lot of bad things during my teenage years in school, which I regret so that also makes a really bad impression of myself towards her. She's invited me to a BBQ at her place tomorrow with a few other friends, I'm a little scared but we can always see how it goes...

What Girls Said 21

• I try not to assume anyone's out of my league. I mean, even if you can argue that they are, is it useful to think like that? Not that I can see. It's just self-sabotaging. It makes people hyper-aware of their flaws, and all that negativity, lack of confidence, and not being at peace with who they are can ruin attraction, and what could've been a good thing.

• Personally thats never happened to me. I think in general people tend to gear towards people who are just as or less attractive than they are to avoid rejection.
    Think about it, if you're at the top of the Ladder of Looks, you're going to want to want the person of the opposite sex to be just as attractive, right? And most of the time thats how it works out. Those who are average go after those who are average, and the same for those below average.
    However, thats just a general outline and has nothing to do with how YOU look, though.
    Sometimes you're attractive and things just dont work out. Sometimes you're not so attractive and you get the hottie. (Sometimes I think a person who isn't what one would consider particularly... traditionally attractive has some nice feature that stands out, in a good way)
    Dont let it bog you down :) She just wasn't the one for you.
    you'll get there.

• I know how you feel. I used to like guys who were out of my league. But now that I made the most important decision of my life, I won't have this problem anymore (at least not on the next couple of years).
    I was rejected so many times and there were times when I didn't even try to do something, because I knew he would never like me.

I'm sure you'll find the right girl for you :)

• Dont let things like that get you down. Use it to motivate you. when you see someone else seems to be successful, let it be motivation for you

• I fell for the popular bad boy type guy 🙄
    And I was the quiet good girl.

Enough said I guess lol.

• No, I can't say I've ever felt that way. I'm sure your right girl will come along one day as you said.

• Most guys are out of my league. I'm not attractive at all. I've been interested in guys who are out of my league and I ignore them. I don't see the point in getting to know them because I know they won't like me.

• Eveeryone is out of my league

• Every sinGLE GUY I'VE EVER LIKED! :D

• I always put myself above the person. I don't care if he has money and is prestigious. It's a damn prize to have me care and love you. So he is lucky.

• Yeah :) It's a good thing I think. Can help you push to become a better person.

• I thought he was out of my league and he thought I was out of his 😏😂

• When you look at a genrally attractive guy and smile and he won't even smile back because A. He's stuck up B. your black or C. just.. C

• All the time lol

• i must say that my crush is really attractive but im much smarter than him:)

• Nobody is out of anybodys league and can date anybody they want because it's a free country.

• No, no one is out of my league.

• always

• every time

• Several most definitely HAVE been out of my league.

• Yes.

What Guys Said 15

• Due to my social anxiety and lack of experience with women, every damn woman on the planet seems 'out of my league' to me! Lol! :P

• I wanted to write something like this too xD

• Tips I got from others:
      1: Try anyway
      2:Drink what is clear (high percentage alcohols),
      fuck what is here
      xD

• @anonanonanonanon

I got plenty of tips like that as well, but I can't seem to implement them. The only way I can date, is if someone sets me up with someone I know. But the irony is, I don't know women, and I don't even have friends who can set me up with women! If I haven't been able to break my shell at the age of 30, it means my personality is encoded in my genes, so I don't want to waste time with this.
      Of course, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to date if it presents itself (it has happened earlier), but I am pretty much done with all the dating stuff even before I started.

• Yeah, Jessica Alba whenever I watch Good Luck Chuck
    everyone else is in my league tho

• I don't believe in leagues even when my so called friend and people tells me that my ex was way out of my league

• I always assume any hot girls I talk to are taken. 90% of the time it's true. The other 10% aren't even attracted to me anyways.

• I am big jacked and my mom's hella rich baha I am only one that's outta others league. I play pro brah

• Happens to me all the fucking time. It's unfortunate that most white women don't like browner men, like South Asian, Middle Eastern, East Asian, or black men.

• Not seriously.

• If you would study maybe you'd get somewhere in life instead of poor grades.. At this point in your life the right girl for you was a bum. Continue to feel sorry for yourself. That's the way to go and publicize it all over the Internet

• too often lol

• That's my life every quarter.

• Definitely. I know how you feel

• I feel that everyone I like is out of my league, that's why I like them. I'd never date anyone as pathetic as me!

• Never ever felt that way

• Nobodies out of my league

• What is this league I keep hearing about, is there another race of human that don't grow old an die?