How to get him out of his unhappy relationship?

i was seeing this man a couple of years ago but it ended abruptly when his ex found out we were talking and attempted suicide. Since then he has tried multiple times to leave her with the same attempts from her. In my opinion she is manipulating him to get him to be with her. She has also cheated on him many times and is known around town for that. He admitted to me that he is unhappy but she refuses to leave. After not speaking for quite awhile we became friends again but only friends. As time went on, we have been flirting back and forth and he's made it clear he has strong feelings for me but does not know how to get out of his relationship without the drama. I have fallen in love with him. I am not the type to be a side chick so I let him know that i cannot continue with this, even though we have only been texting. There has been NO contact, not even a hug. My heart is broken and obviously I want him to realize that he wants to do whatever it takes to be with me but I'm just wondering if there is anything I can be doing to help sway his mind towards that. I know that I would treat him the way he deserves to be treated but I don't want to give him an ultimatum or force him into a decision.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do in this situation. That's a decision he needs to make for himself. It sounds like this girl he's with has serious issues and is using threats of self-harm to manipulate him into staying with her. That's not okay at all. Eventually, he just has to say enough is enough and end the relationship. Nothing she does to herself would be his fault. He can't let her manipulation control his life. Until he understands that though and finally leaves her, nothing is going to change. Maybe you can tell him that though and he will realize that leaving her , even if it comes with drama, is the best thing to do. Hopefully it will all work out.

• Leave this man alone and move on. For all you know he is just running game on you and making you think things are so bad at home when he really just wants a side chick. If he won't leave its because he wants to stay. dont listen to those excuses and find you a single man who wants to be with you and you only.

• He has to man up and leave her and what happens happens, she's Clearly unstable