Could you date a girl who's not very affectionate?

Not on purpose but more like she was raised in an unaffectionate family.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. I mean I understand if she has issues and if she made a concerted effort to try I would give it a shot but if she was just going to stay unaffectionate, no. I am a cuddle whore, I need to have that and phsical contact huggin kissing cuddling (ALOT of cuddling) so if I wasn't getting that then yes it would be a deal breaker

Most Helpful Girl

• you can never know, you might become affectionate if you re into the guy.
    and you need a really affectionate person for him to balance you out and make you more open to it

What Guys Said 31

• No. I need and want affection from my girlfriend. I'm very affectionate in a relationship, I expect the same from her.

• Not a chance tbh

• It depends a lot because things like this are very hard to measure.

I wouldn't date someone who's not affectionate at all, but definitely wouldn't like a clingy girlfriend either.

The goal in life is always to find the balance. 😉

• No I couldn't be with someone who wasn't affectionate.

• i am raised in such a family, never hugged or touched my siblings or parents. and i am very affectionate with my girlfriend (if i would have one). i dont think i can date a girl that is not affectionate towards me.

• I'm not affectionate at all so it would be a good match for me. I don't hold hands.. hug.. cuddle.. none of that bullshit. Then again I'm pretty weird.. I'm definitely the minority.

• I am very affectionate babe 😉

• Would marry archiz / 10

• Would have archiz cheat on you with me/ 10

• I broke up with a girl who had a crush on me since she was 12.. We started dating when she was 18 but then it didn't work out for me because of the same issue as yours.

• Nope, I am very affectionate and need it in a relationship.

• I could do it for a little while if it was something she wanted and willing to work on.

• No. I need my affection. How else am I to know you care?

• No... Once I open up, I'm super grabby.

• Affection & intimacy are vital componants to build a loving relationship. I would not date somebody who is not affectionate.

• No, it's throwing your money away. Bad investment.

• nah.

• Nah I couldn't

• Yes, please!

• No. If she's not affectionate I'd feel I'm not desired.

• No. I'd feel like I was wasting my time.

• Hmm I don't know.. Depends on how much unaffectionate she will be...

• not very? yes temporarily..

• I don't know. If there are clear signs that she is trying her best to show affection even if she can't, yes sure.

Eitherway it would be weird.

• no. i tried one. did not like.

• No I can't. No time for frigid ass women.

• I've always been very accepting of people for who they are if I I felt a strong emotional attachment to that person and knew it was returned then yes

• what? like shows no affection at all? If its a rare thing then sure

• No but I need to work on it too

• probably not. I am a very affectionate person

• Lol are you @elissadido?

• No. Why does it matter?

• @ElissaDido Yeah I don't know why he was so intent on figuring out of you posted this or not...

• No. I'd feel like she doesn't care about me.

• You mean a German girl?

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 9

• I am this girl and it has become very difficult to form relationships with men. They always view it as disinterest and give up eventually. I found smoking weed helps lol, I become way more affectionate. But yeah, if it's normal me... I am just colder because I was raised that way, or raised to be guarded... And now when guys show affection I either view it as fake or I just am unable to reciprocate in the way and time they want. If a guy had patience, I know I would become affectionate... But I haven't met a guy who truly cares enough.

• For example cuddling... Never liked it. Can't do it. Maybe I will with the right guy some day... But man, when a guy mentions cuddling I get uncomfortable.

• I'm 21 and all my relationships attempts have failed, I think, greatly due to this factor. I think it's a mix of fear and not knowing how on my part. I try, I do, but things like this take time because if I was raised a certain way... I need to be taught and opened up to it, and it takes time.

• I couldn't date a guy who wasn't affectionate. That would be a deal breaker for me. I'm a very affectionate person, and I love receiving lots of affection too. I'd feel unloved If my SO wasn't affectionate towards me, and I'd feel unwanted if he didn't want me to show affection to him

• @Vnmcghantasaala

Oh you are back again. The G@G stalker. I wondered how long it would take before you created yet another account

• @FantasticDay huh? that someone isn't me and that's a stupid question to ask.

• @james_mark I know its not you.. haha just saying the guy reminded me someone really asked that question. The question was like "Why people think Indian guys are creepy" something like that.

• If they weren't affectionate at all, I wouldn't find them to be a good fit. We certainly don't have to be all over each other, but there needs to be a certain level of it.

• yes since i am like that.

• I wouldn't be able to date a guy who wasn't affectionate.

• Nope.
    && honestly, my family isn't very affectionate either but that shouldn't be the cause for one to be the same way.

• No, I wouldn't date a guy who shows little affection.

• lool i'm working on it! but i'm guessing most men won't since they like women enjoy affection.

• I know there are guys out there who dont need much physical affection to feel loved there is always another way to let someone know they matter with out all the gewy mushy stuff.