My friend thinks I am racists because I'm not attracted to black men?

She is younger than me and is also white and loves to date black men. I have never been attracted to black men. She thinks I need to try it. I absolutely dont have the need to do that. I like white men and that is it. Just like I am attracted to tall men and not short men. I dont want to date a trucker... their schedules are crazy. I dont want to date a newly divorced man. I dont want to date a man who has young children. Why can't I have a preference?

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone has their own preferences. There's races I'm generally not attracted to as well. Don't worry about someone saying you're racist, people say your racist for anything therefore, it's meaningless. Date who you want and if your friend doesn't like it, there's 3.6 billion other women to be friends with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey, u are absolutely 100% correct.
    U are not racist, you just have a preference. Im just like you, im mostly attrected to white men, but im not racist, i have many black friends. Its the axact same thing as saying "i like blue eyes" or "i like tall guys" Your friend shouldn't call u a racist, if anything u can call her racist for not dating white men. Lol
    But if ur not physically attracted to them, ur not physically attracted to them, the relationship would crumble. Like who u like boo, its ur right.

What Guys Said 16

• That's ridiculous that's like saying someone is racist because they won't have sex with black women, stupid. Your entitled to your preference and you should stick to it.

• It's not racist, she's been fed that bullshit that many others are fed too.
    Stick to your preferences, if she doesn't like it, the fuck her.

• you are definitely not racist. you just haven't, as you said, found a black man attractive yet

• Something tells me that even if you did find a black man physically attractive, u still wouldn't date him.

This is the internet, you're already anonymous. Be honest. Be unfiltered.

What is it about black men that u dislike as a potential life partner and potential father to your future children?

• I dont know if you noticed my age... but I am way to old to have anymore children.

• So you think I should change?

• I can't say until i know the reason u would turn down a black guy that you find physically attractive

• I don't find black guys attractive = not racist
    I hate black guys because they're inferior = racist

• well, everyone is entitled to their preferences aren't they? it would be a weird world if we could not do so. we are not programmable robots, why can't people respect this?

• You two should fight and the winners morals will be enforced onto the loser
    Jk your friend sounds dumb

• just tell her to pipe down

• There is no as harder thing to living as being who we are, and free of mind.

Keep having all the preferences you have, for whatever reason you have them. Just avoid, maybe, speaking them out in social contexts where they may prejudice relations. (On the other hand, if it's a serious friendship, being outspoken will try how serious that is, and may then be useful.)

• I know what you mean, I am not attracted to the negroid genotype either.

• Yes shame on you you deserve 40 lashes how does it feel how does it feel?

• EVERYONE IS RACIST.
    EVERYTHING IS RACIST.

• Your friend is a piece of sh*t.

• Nah it's all right now if us aid I don't ant black people as friends now you racist

• I didn't understand a word you said...

• Me either I was just typing in my phone Lol big thumbs plus autocorrect= gibberish

I meant to say that if u said I don't want any black peioe as my friend then ur racist.

I don't think Asian girls and black woman are attractive at all maybe 1 out are to me

• I never said a word about not want black people as friends...

• That's your preference, tell them think whatever they wanna think.

• You might not like black men... but I guarantee you like mixed race guys, who by nature, are considered black lol.

What Girls Said 9

• That sounds stupid.

Your friend need to realize that there's a difference between not liking something and feeling prejudice or hatred toward something. You can be ambivalent without being against it.

For example, I'm a woman. It doesn't make me a sexist if I refuse to date black men. I don't hate black men, nor do I have prejudice against, discriminate, or antagonize men. I just don't want to date them.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• Okaaaaaay put 90% of your question aside.

No you are not resist it's your preference.

The rest is just...
    I'll leave it there.

• I don't think you can say "never" to something like that. I know how you feel, personally I'm the opposite and do not usually find white guys attractive. HOWEVER there are a few that I do. SInce people look very different, you can't exactly say you will aren't EVER attracted to black guys as they come with many different features.

• Well I haven't seen one yet that I would be attracted to. So I guess I'm not being politically correct... but I have my preferences like anyone else.

• Well you have your preference, next time she says you are a racist tell her to shut it. I am black and I am not attracted to Indians, and will never date one. Am I racist? Hear how dumb that sounds.

• You can have preferences, it's not racist. I'm the same way.

• Your statement is negative. It should sound like this : 'i prefer white men'

• Political correctness police

• Truth is you dont have a back bone to stand up to your friend about a difference of opinion. You are indeed passive aggressive.

• No one cares who you date but you are here jusyifying your case like you got slammed by public.

No offence lol but you are easily emotionally manipulated. You cry over spilled milk too easily if someone criticises you slightly.

• You can have a preference.

• It's all a matter of personal preference, in my opinion, and nothing at all to do with being racist.

• That's not racists, that's having a preference