Is it messed up for your boyfriend to look at an old picture of yours and say ew?

Like every household does, we had some pictures on the wall. And their was a picture of me 4 years ago, I had braces, I looked awkward. My boyfriend calls me to show me the picture and he starts laughing and kinda starts teasing me about it.

he's a real funny guy as it is. And teases everyone, and I'm not really sensitive and I always take it when he teases me and i laugh. But I'm really insecure about myself and when he did that it upset me it kinda put my self esteem down.

Is it messed up? Or did I overreact?

Although he was teasing me, he still meant it. He pretty much implied it was an ugly because because it WAS AN UGLY PICTURE. I just think that's unnecessary and rude. So I gave him the cold shoulder.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its messed up, but if he jokes a lot you should try to figure it out if he said it jokingly or seriously. Cause you should never say shit like that to your partner.

• It was serious. He said I looked weird there. he teases me a lot but I don't think he knows his boundaries

• He didn't say ew. He actually said "ugly picture on the wall" while playing piano. But I didn't find it funny.

• Yeah that isn't funny. If my girlfriend said something like that to me Id instantly call her out on what the fuck that was supposed to mean.

What Guys Said 2

• Everyone goes through an awkward phase; so, I wouldn't worry about it.

• You're weak.

• am I really. he teases me a lot. Like a lot and I go along with it and I laugh. He sometimes squeeze the little bit of fat I have and says I need to lose weight & I laugh. & little things like that
      But I believe he doesn't know his boundaries.. You don't go to your girlfriends house and say "that's an ugly picture"

• So stop telling us and tell him.

What Girls Said 2

• He sounds harsh

• It's fine he was just joking