Is it messed up for your boyfriend to look at an old picture of yours and say ew?

Like every household does, we had some pictures on the wall. And their was a picture of me 4 years ago, I had braces, I looked awkward. My boyfriend calls me to show me the picture and he starts laughing and kinda starts teasing me about it.

he's a real funny guy as it is. And teases everyone, and I'm not really sensitive and I always take it when he teases me and i laugh. But I'm really insecure about myself and when he did that it upset me it kinda put my self esteem down.

Is it messed up? Or did I overreact?

Although he was teasing me, he still meant it. He pretty much implied it was an ugly because because it WAS AN UGLY PICTURE. I just think that's unnecessary and rude. So I gave him the cold shoulder.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its messed up, but if he jokes a lot you should try to figure it out if he said it jokingly or seriously. Cause you should never say shit like that to your partner.

• It was serious. He said I looked weird there. he teases me a lot but I don't think he knows his boundaries

• He didn't say ew. He actually said "ugly picture on the wall" while playing piano. But I didn't find it funny.

• Yeah that isn't funny. If my girlfriend said something like that to me Id instantly call her out on what the fuck that was supposed to mean.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• Everyone goes through an awkward phase; so, I wouldn't worry about it.

• You're weak.

• am I really. he teases me a lot. Like a lot and I go along with it and I laugh. He sometimes squeeze the little bit of fat I have and says I need to lose weight & I laugh. & little things like that
      But I believe he doesn't know his boundaries.. You don't go to your girlfriends house and say "that's an ugly picture"

• So stop telling us and tell him.

What Girls Said 2

• He sounds harsh

• It's fine he was just joking