My boyfriend said whenever we go to the bar one time I pay next time you pay! My friends' boyfriends don't do that! I am afraid he is using me?

I am from Japan and guys there pay for date! The only time girls pay if they are not cute! At this case guys don't pay because they are not interested at all! This is why I am afraid if my boyfriend not interested and he is just using me. I live now in USA and boyfriend from American so I do know if thing are different here or not?
Help me please

Most Helpful Guy

• This is trolling at it's best. Believable yet not real. Garnering responsiveness from the completely sensitive public on a worthless "issue". I commend you.

• I commend the word choice of "commend".
      That aside, how are we supposed to tell trolling and non-trolling apart?

• @xxxddd If it's good trolling... you can't.

Most Helpful Girl

• How do you think guys feel when you expect them to pay for everything?

What Guys Said 11

• How would alternating who pays constitute "using" you? That makes no sense, unless you admit that you would be using him as much as he you.

• So you are splitting the costs evenly, but you want him to pay more than you? Sounds like you're the one trying to use him.

• No, if he was using you, you'd be paying only! He wants it to be equal is all. He doesn't want to be used either.

• I'm afraid you're using him.

• How is he using you when he's also paying for you?
    Gold diggers these days... smh -_-

• So, you're afraid that he is using you, because he is not treating you like a whore? LOL.

• He's afraid you're using him. Try to see it from the other perspective.

• Yeah. he's a douche. Dump time!

• Probably not using you. Either he's kinda cheap or doesn't want to be used himself.

• It's much more likely the others' bfs are using them.
    Adulation and flattery are done expecting something in return.

This one you got has got a steady character, that's only good.

• If you consider paying for thing equally as being used, then yeah, you're being used

What Girls Said 8

• Nah, he is probably trying to encourage fairness and making sure that neither of you have the sole purposes of paying for everything.

• How is he using you if he pays periodically as well? Smh

• No he isn't, this is actually something I'd prefer that way it's fair.

• Wait, I'm confused. Does this mean that you take turns paying?

• He might just be one of the guys who thinks splitting it is fair, as long as he pays half the time I don't think he's using you

• Yes, he's using a real men would never ask you this (even if he want you to do it). men should pay for date (they are more paid than women anyways)

• Are you that silly? Seriously, how the heck is he using you if he pays 50% of the time? The only thing I can think of is if when he pays he makes you both get cheap ass drinks but when you pay he orders the most expensive things.

• Ha, nah, he's just cheap.