- Same age4%(2)2%(2)Vote0%(0)
- Few years (1-3)20%(9)24%(20)Vote31%(11)
- Several years (4--7)48%(22)44%(36)Vote39%(14)
- 10 years20%(9)18%(15)Vote17%(6)
- It ain't matter to me!!!8%(4)12%(9)Vote13%(5)
Most Helpful Girl
Four years is several? These ranges are tough... My whatever-he-is is five years older, but I probably wouldn't go higher even though the age gap between me and him doesn't bother me. Seven seems like a lot to me, but four doesn't at all. Anyway.
It depends. On your current age, maturity, how long you've known each other, etc. I think my current rule is life stage. I'm in college. He should be in college (though younger bothers me). Grad school is fine. And if he ended the stage when I started it, that's probably ok too. So 30 and 37 might be ok, but 20 and 27 would not be. The gap widens as you get older to a certain extent. 60 and 80 would still be weird.1