Heartbroken and Getting Over Him: My Crush Said Mean Things About Me?

Around February time I told my crush that I found him attractive. I don't want to go into details but around March I found out that he said some really hurtful things about me to his friends... like I was chasing him or something.

I unfollowed him on all social media and he realised that I had found out, so he had an argument with his friend who told me (LOL).

Now I see him and he's polite to me and he sometimes stares at me but I honestly just ignore his existence, like he would open doors for me for example, and I would turn and go the other way.

It's been what? Three months now and it still hurts, every time I remember those words and every time I see him my mood goes down. I try to avoid seeing him but we go to school together.

I'm not being vain I promise, but I am wayyyy out of his league and he did admit to his friends that he thinks I'm pretty. So that is the only thing that makes me feel kinda better about the situation.

So I have tried to, in response to this, to focus on myself and use that energy to better myself and learn from my mistakes. But I am heartbroken and I can't help but run away from guys now. There are a few guys at the moment trying to start things with me, and they're amazing but I can't help but hate them and imagine they'd do the same to me.

What do I do? I would appreciate any advice!!

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. If you let the actions others establish your level of happiness, then you have no self-confidence. . . regardless of how cute you may be. Think about that and then focus on establishing self-confidence.

2. "There are a few guys at the moment trying to start things with me, and they're amazing but I can't help but hate them and imagine they'd do the same to me." Yes, you can help it. You know that you don't need to hate these other guys. If you think all guys behave the same, you are being very narrow minded. How would you feel is someone said, "You'll probably act a certain way because I knew another girl who acted that way."?

• I didn't realise it was my confidence that has kept me sad until now...
      I thought I was still hung up on that stupid guy. this makes me feel a 100 times better tbh knowing that i can fix the problem. Thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• honestly, i think u answered ur own question. continue to focus on yourself and use your energy on you. you're still young and you'll meet many guys dont u worry. xx

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Improve your self esteem.

• i feel kinda better knowing thats a problem that lies within me rather than him, so i can fix it. thanks