How do you deal with rejection?

Feels bad man

What do you do if you're friends with the person who rejects you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I get rejected all the time. You just keep approaching until you don't give a fck anymore. Once you get to that point is when true confidence is reached.

• Thats interesting. I've never heard it like that before

• Not everyone is going to like you so what's left other than to keep doing you? Worst thing guys and sometimes girls can do is try to put on a facade and act like something they are not in attempt to be accepted.

Most Helpful Girl

• haven't really figured out how to deal with it. I guess just try not to feel anything or get attached before you know they're interested. If nothing ever happened (like sex or some kind of emotional investment) between us I find it pretty easy to move on from rejection. However, a friend (5year friendship!!) rejected me after we had sex multiple times. Initially, I was just in disbelief that a friend could hurt me so much, then I was angry, now I just miss him. Haven't really moved past it, still makes me mad, but I find comfort in music. Crying for hours at night is my new hobby. Anyway, I don't really know how to deal with rejection, haven't really figured it out yet. I guess what I can say is that you have to be calculative, don't give too much of yourself too soon, you have to play with them a little for them to appreciate you later on... It's sad but it's true... Prevention is better than cure! Also, over time, as we get older we get kind of desensitised to things that once made us sad. I guess it's a coping mechanism, once you've been truly heartbroken, you'll never hurt as much again, you just can't (thank god for that...). So yeah, prevention and time. But if you invested nothing into the other person, they just simply rejected you then fuck it, you'll move past it in a few days, no problem! :D Who cares... Leave the decision to the other person, let them take the lead! See how he acts, he's the one who rejected you, give him the responsibility of choice on how to act around you now. it's much easier to live that way, let other people decide how they want to treat you and you can just adjust to their behaviour.

What Guys Said 7

• If they reject you, they weren't even worth it in the first place, and did you a favour of saying no. Rejection means more time to find someone better, or advance yourself to become someone better. ^.^

• Like being friends with someone and asking them out on a date? I would feel uncomfortable because I see them on a daily basis. I learned that it's best to avoid asking out a friend. But rejection in general, you just get better at dealing with it as you get older. So time is your factor here

• Just move on, I mean you didn't lose anything. And you should be proud of yourself that you at least gave it a shot.

• Just move on and ignore them

• Try not to think about it. I pretend the person doesn't exisit and I can't contact them. I'm 28 and I've had plenty of good looking girls reject me after telling me I'm hot or etc. I've never had sex so believe me you do get used to it.

• You gotta walk away

• Move on and find someone else

What Girls Said 3

• I'm going through this right now. He put me through an emotional roller coaster for the past year. He sent me all the signals and got intimate with me (ie kissing and hand holding) just to tell me he only thought of me as a friend in the end. I did the one drunk text, and tried to be normal with him. When that didn't work I tried to cut contact. But that wasn't working either because I missed the bastard but I took the hit and forced myself to cut him off for an extended period of time. Even went out and slept with someone else to try and make the pain stop. I declined his invitations to hang out. I accepted his invitations and didn't show up. I cried over him. I think about him every darn day without wanting to. Trying to get over a friend/crush is ROUGH.

I sat down and wrote a list of all things that I am upset about regarding him and all the things he did bad. This list wasn't very long. Then I wrote another list about what it is I REALLY want from him. Now that I have had time to digest his answer and feel the pain, what do I want him to do about it? The answer I came up with was "nothing."

I offered. He rejected. He said he didn't feel that way about me. I can't force him to like me. I can't force myself on him. I pondered and came to the conclusion that I don't want anything from him because he has nothing to give me.

He invited me over again to a small party but something was a little different, a little more cautious. I sensed desperation. I acted nonchalant about it as if I probably wouldn't show up to that too. I hung out with him and other friends. He spent the whole night talking to me as a friend. In my mind I was satisfied with this because I wanted nothing and I found myself able to define him as nothing. Originally I thought I would crack being so close to him again and some people who knew I'd been rejected would check on us regularly. But I gave them nothing because I'd come in set that I didn't want anything from him. It showed in my behavior and I was able to ignore him and have fun later on in the evening.

I don't know if it'll work for you but you can try it. My situation was recent so I'll let you know how things pan out if you think it'd help.

• There's not much to deal with. Whenever I feel myself getting interested in someone, I ask them out asap. That way it won't hurt as badly when they reject me, because my feelings aren't exactly developed.
    I went out with a guy a few months ago, he kept telling me I was like his dream girl, he wanted to start prioritizing me more etc. He built me up quite a lot, so to say. But then suddenly, like flipping a switch, he claimed that he lost interest. Just like that, in a day or something. And of course I came crashing down since it felt like a betrayal, and as if he had lied to me about everything. That was harder to swallow since I thought things were going great. But I learned to accept it, figured that he might have just been scared of his own feelings, too immature for a relationship, and began moving on.
    It's all about accepting the situation for what it is, realizing you can't do anything but move forward and that you'll find someone else eventually.

• Makes sense. Wish I had the confidence to do that, haha

• You don't really need confidence, you just do it.

• Rejection is very painful. It can lower your self-worth and leave you feeling unwanted and unlovable.

I just try to view rejection as a redirection to someone better. Just because someone fails to see your worth it doesn't mean your value goes down. It just means the person failed to see all you have to give , or wasn't ready for all you have to offfer