A guy with red hair asked me out for coffee. Red hair on a guy is so repulsive. What should I do?

A guy regularly comes in to my work and we often talk.

He appears to be a really confident, interesting and intelligent guy with a great body, handsome face and an amazing smile.

He asked me to have coffee with him and I told him that I'd think about it. I didn't say yes to him because there's one thing that makes me unsure about saying yes to him. He's a redhead.

His hair isn't too red. It has a fair amount of blonde in it. Like many women, red hair or any variation of it on a guy tends to result in a guy being an instant no from me. It's just not attractive on guys and is actually repulsive in my opinion.

I think that he would be a good guy to get to know but I can't seem to get past the fact that he's a redhead.

What should I do?

Have any of you girls ever been in the same position where you have to deal with and make a decision about a red haired guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you already said no... if you own't (maybe) go for coffee, he probably got the message and you an bck it up if need be with a no.

I have the same challenge with red heads. it isn't the color, it is the personality that I've associated with them so often. It may not be fair at all, but I've had too many bad experiences. I lost a really good girl due to her changing her blondish hair to red and making a bad call... But guys usually don't change hair color like that.

You could just go for coffee with him and explore more of why you feel this way and if your feelings change. Its all just learning.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• Very bizzare to be fixating so much on the colour of his hair. You just politely decline like you would for any other reason... not sure why it would be different?

• Red heads are soul suckers!!! LOL!

• You should probably not lead him on then, I mean you clearly don't like his looks at all and nothing will ever change that

• Hey... Gingers have souls... just... other people's souls :v
    Well if it bothers you that much walk with hair dye and when he's not looking pounce on him! XD

But seriously, if your not up to it then don't go out with him.
    LOL at the red hair tho... unless it's like Markiplier >.>

• You are the one who is repulsive

• lol grow up. you're single at 28 and work at a coffee shop. reality meet girl.

• Then do not date him and tell him that you do not want to date him.

#problemsolved

• Don't waste his time and just decline his offer the next time he ask.

• Politely decline. Don't lead him on

• Please, please, please, tell him no. Give him the reason why too.
    He'll thank me for it!!

• Ask him to get bald if he wants you

• Firstly what you should do is get over yourself... once you've done this you will realise that there are millions of other women out there that have different tastes. He can meet one that will love his read hair... it's not that big of a deal so just tell him you don't want to go out.

It is funny how you talk like saying no to him will shatter his world hahaha.

What Girls Said 14

• Please tell him no so he can focus on someone who actually deserves him

• If you don't like his hair and can't get over it, then don't go out with him. Don't lead him on if you don't like him, y'know? If you think it's something you might be able to get used to, then try it and go out with him.

• I think you've really got to front up and get over your aversion to red hair, like come on, it's really not that big of a deal, especially considering he's got all these other things going for him "He appears to be a really confident, interesting and intelligent guy with a great body, handsome face and an amazing smile." Surely, surely this should be enough to dismiss something as trivial as not liking red hair on a guy. At the end of the day it's just a physical feature, and a relatively minor one at that.

• OMG he sounds like a great guy. I never thought of myself as ever being attracted to redheads but when I look back, I've dated 3 of them (much like the one you described) and fell for all 3! They were amazing guys! I say give him a chance. I also never thought I'd be attracted to an African American nor an Asian guy but have dated them too. Also amazing guys. I am in awe of myself sometimes... thinking I have a "type" and then my subconscious shatters that BS.

Seriously... give him a chance. You might just surprise yourself.

• Its just hair. Fair enough if you have a preference for an alternative hair colour, but to throw away which very well could be a potential relationship with a guy who in every other aspect you described as desirable based solely on his hair colour makes you appear somewhat shallow.

• Jesus Christ just say no thank you if his goddamn hair is such a big deal to you.

• If you don't want to go out with him, don't go out with him. But I would say get over it, it's just coffee, and it's not like he's asking you to marry him.

• Okay one repulsive? That's a gross word to use for something natural and beautiful. I know you don't like it but that didn't need to be said like that
    Two you are judging him by his hair? If you truly enjoy his personality then just go for it.
    But if you can never get over his hair problem don't even try. Because asking him to change that much for you is not cool. Just find someone your attracted to all over rather than hurt his feeling saying I don't like redheads or whatevrr

• Your a horrible person, a horrible horrible person. Your disgusting. Your freaking disgusting

• Are you kidding me? Because he has red hair? What the hell is wrong with you? How do you think it would feel to be instantly concluded by one detail on your body? Like a detail makes you who you are and what people know you as. That is unfair. Personally I find red hair very cute and attractive on a guy. I do like when the eyebrows are visible but obviously I would give any guy a chance! Come on.

• O_o I never thought red hair was that much of a big deal.

• 0|0
  • Stop being such a bitch? Just a suggestion.

• Nah, I love red-haired guys. I think they're charming.