Are tomboy/boy-ish girls unattractive?

Like, I really only wear t-shirts and jeans, I own a single dress. I share the same humor and interests as my guy friends, and most of my friends are guys, I am straight, but I have been asked before if I was gay because that guy that had asked had "never bantered so well with a straight girl". Haha, kind of assume most guys just consider me a friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not necessarily. There can be unattractive tomboys and there can be attractive ones. I love them personally. They are not so delicate and can play a little more rough. They're often into the same stuff you are. They're cool. Don't be put off by the guy asking if you are lesbian. As you grow older, the world around you gets more nuanced. He just learned one more shade of gray. That not all tomboys are lesbians.

What Guys Said 23

• Not unattractive, but girly girls are more attractive.

• No, I prefer girls in jeans and t-shirts, tomboyish girls rule ;)

• I prefer those kind of girls. It's better than being sensitive to the outdoors life.

• You sound attractive to me I really hate fashion and literally have 3 pairs of jeans, some shorts and a few tops and I really don't want to talk about it so someone who also didn't care would be cool. I really don't care for very feminine girls tbh.

• Yes they are pretty they are just out doors kind of girls

• Yea , it's cool though. All great relationships start with friendships. It's an important stone.
    Don't let it bring you down.

• Generally (but not always) guys will be turned off if there is nothing feminine about you, but femininity can come in many different forms: you can appreciate crude humor and not wear dresses but still be feminine in some other way.

• Case in point: if that's you in your picture you have a feminine hairstyle and wear make up.

• And yes, it is me.

• Well, there's some guys who only want very girly girls. But the tomboy-ish girl who's still feminine is actually a bit of a fantasy for a lot of guys. You'll probably have a male friend or two fall for you in the near future.

• I wouldn't call them unattractive, I would just say they're not really my type. I'd rather a girly girl.

• I prefer tomboys

• nope, not at all

• Lol my most previous girlfriend was the same way. Clearly I don't find it unattractive. Different people have different personalities and I respect each and every one

• The tomboys I know are quite attractive. And as I mention on another question, so are you.

• To me they are the most attractive
    It's like their feminine side is just brand new , didn't see the light yet and never been consumed
    The tomboys I knew were the most feminine girls I ever had

• if they are physically beautiful, sweet and have good morals, than yes they are attractive, but if they have tattoos and piercings all over and trashy, smoke, drink, do drugs, have casual sex partners, even with girls, than yes they are really unattractive, and wouldn't want anything to do with her.

• Nah some can be attractive

• I'm only into girly girls, tomboish girls don't appeal to me at all.

• No if you can rock the style and so mayny do it's very hot

• Nah I'd love to meet more girls like you, both as friends and potential partners

• Girly girls are attractive and my type

• Tomboys are the best

• They're actually more attractive than high maintenance girly girls. Seriously.

• They are not, don't worry about it

• I love more "feminine girls" as i get turned on by them. I have nothing against tom boy girls, its just i don't find them attractive... its like i'm falling for a "man"

So guys find that attractive but for me it turns me off sexually

What Girls Said 6

• No, they can be cute depending on their facial features.
    However, these types of girls are often overlooked because what stands out to many are the women that wear skin grabbing clothes.

• Well I'm not getting any compliant's so they are attractive. But I can see what you mean by this I've had similar issues like these as well.

• lol what are you talking about you re hot!
    and yea from experience a lot of guys do since I am somewhat like that.
    anw you look more artsy to me than tomboyish

• I have never had a problem attracting guys.

• No we're super cool :D

• You're 16, it's normal. I was more like you at your age (oh god I talk like an old lady), but the more you grow up the more feminine you become.