Why do so many women have excessively high standards for men?

I'm a gay men and all of my female cousins and girlfriends have ridiculously high expectations. They want their future boyfriend to be at least 6'4 tall, athletic, handsome, funny and also make good money. All of them are average looking too!!

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 16

• I think it's stupid when women have the kind of standards you listed. Sure, it's nice to be with someone you're attracted to and who makes you laugh, but the height requirements, makes a lot of money, I just think that's kind of shallow. To desire certain qualities like respect, listening and communication skills, mutual interests... now I think that's understandable. But in order to find someone desirable, it's kind of a given to have good qualities about yourself in return. And maybe these women you know are just missing the point.

• That's not my biggest concern for guys. I know some women are like that, but not all. I just want a guy I get along with. Only one of the guys I've been interested in was tall, but it wasn't his height that I liked. Otherwise most guys I've been interested in are average height. Also, I make good money for myself. If I only wanted a guy who made more than me, I'd have a hard time finding him.

The guy I am interested in right now is only a few inches taller than me (I am 5'4 and I doubt he is more than 5'7.) he makes less than me, I find him to be really attractive, but I've heard others say differently. I can't figure that out because I think he is too good-looking for me. I like him because we get along well and have fun together. I have social anxiety and it's hard for me to have a conversation with most people. I have no issue when it comes to him. We're just friends though. I doubt he likes me because I am really ugly. Most guys want to be my friend but because I don't have a pretty face, I get rejected a lot.

• If you think about it, that's what society presents an attractive guy to be... look at all the ads and guys casted for movies and the personalities/looks assigned to them.

The same goes for guys and what they expect in a girl. They all want her to be funny and smart and nice but also either really skinny or have Kardashin curves with long flowy hair etc

• Because they want to?

• I don't. I just expect the guy to be the one guy to give to me what I gave out to the guys I chose in this world. I believe I should attract @ least one guy the same way the other guys I went for have attracted me. Because I believe I should get what I give into the world from the exact type of guy that is a lot like me, and is also randomly doing for someone like me like I did for guys like him. But I'm also open to giving other people chances too. And I get why some people have high standards. But I'll never understand the unrealistic one, nor the ones where they expect that person to have something when they don't even have it themselves.

• A lot of girls talk like that to their friends but when it comes down to it, they don't actually mean it. Sometimes we just do that. Also some criteria are easier to obtain than you think. Like being funny means don't be extremely unfunny and never get a joke.

• lol yeah let's just pretend this doesn't go for both genders..

• Why you bother for, is their life their standards

• Movies? (but seriously.)

• What about the double standard? Most guys also want a woman that is slim, hot, funny, petite. Also, you said that all of them are average looking. So what? Can't someone who looks average be with someone over average?

• Lol self entitlement

• Works both ways OP!!

• Those sound more like preferences but not something they'd only take and nothing else.

• I'm not like that! Maybe when talking to some pretty girls I can talk like that, but not mean it.

• I don't think I have high expectations lol but I think that guys expect a lot from women too

• because guys have high expectations of us

What Guys Said 13

• Because they've been told their entire lives that they're special snowflakes, princesses that can 'have it all' and DESERVE it, and anything less than that 6'2" tall, professional rugby playing neurosurgeon with a yacht and his own private island is just 'settling'.

I'd like to say that they'll figure it out and get realistic when they get older, but they won't. They'll settle, and then they'll be angry and contemptuous of the guy for not being that rich rugby playing doctor. And they'll ALWAYS keep their eye out for the Bigger, Better Deal. As soon as they think they've found him, they'll vine-swing, cleaning out the chump they settled for to the fullest extent of the law.

• I was never told any of those things. I agree many girl, especial pretty one, think they deserve only best and things for free. I am glad I know I need to earn thing in my life 👍🏼

• I expect my women to own 12 continents

• For the same reason that many men have excessively high standards for women. These standards tend to be lowered over the years though, in the real world things don't work the way such people want.

• The list of properties of their ideal man isn't the same as the standards they'll actually apply in dating (unless it's online dating).

I have high standards for the women I want to date (mostly to do with personality and intelligence though, I'm fine with average looks) and I strive to be the best man I can be so I can get those women, maybe some of those women do the same?

• I blame Dizney. 'Talk, dark, handsome prince...' Sound familiar?

Just like guys were taught that if we work hard enough, we get the girl in the end.

Real life goes in the face of that.

Problem is that half the world's population is female, and they are all clamoring for the ideal. Same with guys.

Personally, I stopped having ridiculous standards.

• Look around in the streets, at couples and see who these women got. LOL

• Why not just up your own status instead of bitching about it?

• They actually think they have preference of average men. When tested and. Being shown 100 pictures of men the same 20 generally get chosen as representing the average. Women LITERALLY believe the top 20% to be equal to top 50%

• Murica, Disney movies, too much tv and " i can be and be with anyone b. s."

• These types of girl end up alone, hence why they are alone now lol. Women I tell ya... Just fuck em and leave em, then find out how they really feel about you

• Yeah that's is basically because some guys are begging them just to talk to them or even have a date. Girls take advantage of this situation and they feel like they're desirable and unique. If that doesn't stop, girls will make their standards even higher and guess what will happen.

• Well there is two girls:

One will say she wants 50 pages of requirements from a guy, but knows that's unrealistic and will settle for a guy who makes her feel happy.

One will say that and end up being alone/miserable for her life...

In general girls do because they can, sex is not important to them... they are in demand and they are the supply...

• I don't care about those women they usually end up alone

• Well that's majority of young women these days

• Then when they hit they're mid 30s they bitch about why they can't find a good man.