Why do guys like it when you ignore them?

Why is that when you don't really pay a guy any mind they will pursue you harder and show you that they're interested? It seems like when ever you just treat a guy like a buddy or not really pay him any attention they come after you. But if you show interest and effort they ignore you and don't pursue you. If I like a guy should I ignore him, stop texting him as much, and don't really say much to him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't STAND being ignored/ its the quickest way for me to hate you and lose interest.

• I don't like it either and it makes me loose interest too. But lately I kinda feel ignored by the guy I like. Maybe I'm texting him too much.

• Lose*

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the individual. Not all guys are like this. Personally, if a guy intentionally ignores me or stops texting as much I start to distance myself , because I feel as though he's indifferent towards me. I wouldn't make a fool of myself by pursuing a guy who has lost interest in me

What Guys Said 16

• nobody likes that. it may seem like they do from the itch it creates... causes most to scratch.

not a good way to interact w/ people...

• 😂😂We are the hunter you are the prey..
    The game is simple.. If our instincts want you then we will chase you for an eternity.. Doesn't matter if you say yes or no.
    If we don't find you attractive then you can roll down a hill in a drum we don't care

• Do they really? Because I've never done that.

• Things that are earned tend to be more valued possessions than things that are freely received.

• So would you say that if you were freely giving attention to a guy that you liked and you feel like he's taking it for granted a little that I should make him earn my attention again?

• Probably you've experienced an extreme of the undesirable scenario: the guy who showers you with attention and affection -- the "nice guy". Those tend to be unattractive but even more so because they're ready to kiss your ass any time you want. They're "freebies" when there are guys out there who are desirable and popular where you have to "earn" their attention.

That said, for texting I think it's mostly just annoying if you try to place this game. You have to be more subtle or even make it genuine (just fill up your calendar and become truly independent instead of just pretending like it).

• No i hate it. If I'm intentionally ignored than i often either annoy them to make them speak or... fuck off.

• I don't know anybody who likes being ignored.
    Either you are unbelievably hot or the guys you run into don't have any kind of self respect.

• Unless he thinks you're playing hard to get (and there is interest) he may pursue you, thrill of chase. Otherwise no guy is going to waste their time. If interest is ONS or casual in nature, he would lose interest even faster.

• No thats childish and playing games. No guy likes that shit.

• True I guess. But I notice it's always like that with guys I come in contact with. For example, there is a guy that I like. We've been talking for a few months now. We've had sex and I've even spent the night at his place a few times. I told him that I like him and he told me that he likes me too. But I notice when I text him he doesn't respond sometimes and I kinda feel ignored sometimes. Maybe its just me. I'm not sure how to view his behavior. He told me that he agrees that we should hang out and do stuff outside of the bedroom etc. Maybe Im texting him too much and I should stop reaching out to him first for a while. But when I don't really show any interest in guys I notice that they try harder to talk to me.

• Actions speak louder than words. Hopefully it plays out

• That's very true. Actions do speak louder than words. I think for now I will sit back and observe his actions. I'm not going to chase him. He knows where to find me. And thank you. I hope so too.

• no lol it's fucking infuriating -_-

• That certainly isn't the case for me.

• Wtf. I don't think guys like to be ignored. That's ridiculous

• Because science

• i hate being ignored, i'll just ignore you back later on and probably never talk to you again.

• Cuz they think you're playing hard to get and they like that

• Because some think they might have a chance if they just tried harder.
    Also there are some girls who play this intentionally: Do like you ignore/dont like him and if he gives up so easily he wasn't really interested in you.
    Tbh if a girl does this to me, she would get to my dumbster list because I don't want to be hurt anymore by false hopes or playing with my feelings.
    If you don't like him, tell it (sometimes you need multiple times).
    If you like him let him openly know.
    Just as easy as that.

• Huh? Nope, i would leave my girl if she ignored me. If a women plays hard to get i almost never pursue. My girl showed interest from day one and i respected her and loved her for that. I like that she does not ignore me.

What Girls Said 4

• Know one likes being ignored period. That will only make him or her desperate for your attention or that person will leave you on the spot! Let's be honest people.

• You have literally defined "enjoying the chase"
    Not all guys are like that. But some are.

• I've heard this stuff actually works. Not that i would try.

• Not on me. I'm very forward 😛

• @akadatank44 AWWWW!! so cute :P That's awesome. He relationships work both ways right!!

• Hahha yup! Those are the best ones when the two of you work well together! !😊😊

• Who likes to be ignored?