I'm confused about this girl, what do I do?

So in a nutshell she said she likes me, and I like her but she said she doesn't want to date anyone right now. So I respected that and haven't implied that we should date. Also she knows I like her. But earlier she told someone that she doesn't like me and that's what the person told me. Both events are recent. So I'm just really confused as to what to do at this point, and what to do in general about the situation. Thank you in advance for your help.

What Girls Said 1

• If a girl really likes you she wouldn't be saying "I don't want to date anyone right now". Love doesn't work that way. She is NOT interested and was letting you down "softly".

What Guys Said 1

• "I don't want to date? he anyone right now" = "I don't want anything to do with you. Feel free to go die in a hole."

She told you she likes you just to be polite. She told the other person the truth.

Cease all communication with her.