Do you ever feel like nothing makes sense without love?

I've been in this weird mood for few days, kinda depressed. I am working in a huge, successful company and I love my job there and I also recently got a solo offer for a great project from this one amazing dude that I like (but he is already seeing someone). This project is amazing and it can get me great opportunities... and I should be happy as fuck! It's everything I wanted. I also already have a steady position at my current job and a sweet salary. I have few amazing friends, a cosy home and happy parents. But I feel so damn down. :( I feel like nothing matters without love. I am very emotional and being in love motivates me. I've been single for 2 years, I just don't have luck in dating. And I can't get this guy out of my head (the one that I'm gonna work on a project with). It's making me double sad that he is not interested in me, even though he is just casually dating this girl. I dunno, I guess I just needed to vent. Anyone gets me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Love? that's just a figment of your Disney imagination, something to pine for that does not exist because realty and truth (everyone dies alone) is too much to face for most people.

Romantic love has been invented to soften the blow of reality for the masses. You can't get that guy off your mind because you can't have him... but if you could have him, you'd b finding something to be unhappy about concerning him.. and if he was purrfect... you'd say it was too good to be true... or something was missing... or the spark was gone.

You are never happy!

Most Helpful Girl

• I get you. I am younger than you though. I have an amazing life and of course there are problems, but this one guy that was my first crush, my best friend, the guy I can rely on for everything and anything. I told him I loved him and he said he loved me too. But then he says he doesn't want anything romantic (we tried before and it ended horribly.) I honestly I'm so sad, achy, I have a lump in my throat, I can't stop thinking about him and it's making me sad. I cry every night because of him. I don't know what to do. I think our best bet is to move on. And come on with everything that you have I think you're better off without him and I know that love motivates you so that when you do find someone that actually appreciates you'll do better than now. Good luck

What Guys Said 8

• I don't knkw, never had a girl actually love me, nor tell me they liked me. Plus I'm too nervous too realize when they do. Anyways I am not very successful in life so there would be no attraction anyway. if I ever get a job I can live off of, I will make music by and for myself, maybe make another guitar or bass. That's about it

• Everything you have is external. You need to gain an internal sense of worth.
    You need to cultivate your emotional, spiritual and mental self.

I had none of the stuff you had, but I was still happy within myself and eventually gained all of that.

Apart from that, you seem like you need some good dick. :D

• I've always been far too much of pussy to actually allow myself to love someone... But yes, I'll admit... Not having the chick/bloke you fancy is painful, irrespective of how well the rest of your life is going. But it's always preferable to be sad while being blessed with material comforts

• More than you know searching for same elusive treasure. Hugz n smiles pm me anytime... if you need an understanding. Non judgmental ear or just smiles n hugz 🍀🐶🍀

• I'd probably stick with the cushy job. I'd also point out that walking into a situation feelin the way you do may lead to even more disappointment. Then again, I can't see the future. That's just how I would approach the situation.

• No. Romantic love doesn't exist, so everything is fine without it.

• Beat me to it, you magnificent bastard.

OP, get a cat or three and some boxed wine, that pesky loneliness is just a social construct.

• Yes I do entirely. Everything tends to feel rather hollow :(

• Yeah, this seems familiar. You want something to share your life with and who gives you strength and life seems kind of pointless when you feel you can't have that... because working and paying bills until the day you die just doesn't seem to make you feel alive.

What Girls Said 6

• my bills make sense without love, i gotta pay $$

• UH no.

• I feel like nothing makes sense WITH love...

• Yes, definitely, but not necessarily romantic love.

• If you aren't living for love then what are you living for?

• Not really.