When is the best time to bring up I am an amputee?

So I have been approached by a few guys here and there, not as much as online (where its easier to talk about these things very casually and not give a damn.) But now that I've quit social media, itll always be in person if at all. I honestly have no clue when the best time to bring it up. I dont like the idea of a guy asking me out and then me saying something like "okay but just know im an amputee," thats insecure and borderline pathetic. Its also not something I would bring up later on, such as the first date, for obvious reasons that the other person should know beforehand. What do you guys think?

(In case it matters somehow its my leg, below the knee.)

Most Helpful Guy

• Just don't point it out. You aren't an amputee, you're a person just like me and anyone else. If he brings it up he can say something, but generally speaking it's not an issue, especially if you have a prosthetic. If he doesn't like it then both of you can go your separate ways.

Only time you should bring up, "Hey just to let you know..." is when it's something that could negatively impact them or something that by their character you know they CLEARLY wouldn't like. For example, you tell your partner you have Herpes because that could affect them, or that you tell your strong Christian waiting until marriage date that you're a prostitute.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd tell asap

• I think you should just embrace. Don't even mention it. Maybe if he asks you tell him your story or if you borderline that subject. It's nothing to be ashamed of you are no different from any other women so just go with the flow

• Thank you. I'm not ashamed haha I've had it for as long as I can remember. So I'm used to it. I just didn't want a guy to think he was decieved or that I was afraid to tell him. I just didn't know how to bring it up casually in conversation or if I should at all lol.

• Haha thank you , I don't feel it's nessesary as it isn't exactly a contagious illness lol but if he can't accept who you are tell him to take a running jump lol !

• Lmao will be sure to remember that. Thank you Kieran

• Well if you're not a complet quatrapalegic then it shouldn't really matter. unless he's looking for somoene to do rigorous phyisical activities that require both legs with.

What Girls Said 2

• If someone you Meet Finds your Personality the Most amazing Trait, Online and Off, it should Not matter that you have 'It's below my leg, below the knee,' What really Matters is what is Inside of you.
    Don't bring it up. Go on the date. If he sees the Real you, and I am not just talking about what's Under your clothes, You are the One who should be the Judge, Jury and Executioner of Him with your Own Decision of If you even want A... Second date. The Street runs both ways.
    Unconditional Love... I am hoping it is still out there somewhere.
    Good luck. xx

• I don't actually think that it's something you need to disclose right away. Maybe after the second date (or if they suggest something as a date that would be difficult or unsafe for you). It's not really relevant to who you are as a person.