Crush broke up with his girlfriend?

So I've had a crush on this guy but he had a girlfriend. They just broke up two weeks ago. How do I message him and start talking to him, potentially starting a relationship? Even though we haven't talked too much

Please give advice on how to start talking more and even flirting without it being strange

Most Helpful Girl

• Begin your new Beguine with 'A crush on this guy' as Being... Friends First.
    It's hard to Know if Joe is Moping over the Break up so for Now, Somehow, Go Slow with his Flow. You do not want to end up to be His Rebound from Rebeca.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Some people move on faster than others.

He might have checked out of the relationship way before the breakup. Given that he was in a relationship that long at a relatively young age, when people outgrow their connections fairly quickly, this explanation sounds equally possible.

Bottom line the only way you will know if he likes you is if you ask.

So ask.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• Yea he broke up with her because I quote from him: "she pissed me off one night."

I feel like just asking may be a little soon considering we are friends but we haven't flirted or anything yet. Any way to start that? And thank you very much, I need all the luck I can get

• Just text him and say, "Hey I heard about the break up. Just checking in to see how you're holding up."
    It worked for me with one of my exs.

• Unless you wanna be a rebound, don't.

Although I don't remember how this shit works at 16

• He's not one to have rebounds, this is his first girlfriend and he isn't into always after someone new. Also he broke up with her.

I just want to know how to even start talking to him more and flirt even without it being awkward

• Good luck.

• Thank you! I'll need it haha