Is this a date or hangout?

So I asked a girl I haven't seen since last semester since she was going to transfer to another university to hangout sometime this summer. I asked her last week and she said yes and asked what we would be doing. I proposed going to dinner and asked her if she had anything else she would like to do. She proposed going to the movies. What does this mean since it will be just us two alone?

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't matter what it is. Use it to your benefit.

What Guys Said 1

• "What does this mean since it will be just us two alone?" should be a question girls wonder and ask. As a guy, all you need to do is to create the opportunities for the two of you to get together, stop worrying about "what are we" kinda question.

Also, you should be the one who leads the interaction by telling the girls what you would like to do, instead of asking her that. Girls like dominant guys, so be one.