I'm 24, been in a relationship for 2 years and about to be single. Can I find a good guy you think?

I'm about to leave my long term boyfriend for a few reasons (mostly just simple incompatibility). Honestly I'm scared to be single after this long. I know there are a lot of people older than me, who have been in relationships much longer, who have no trouble finding someone else afterwards. But still, change is daunting. And what if reenter the dating world and realize how good I had it here?

I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that there are good, decent single men in their mid 20s (seems like everyone's marrying young nowadays). Men who are kind and fun and responsible and who appreciate a sensitive, grounded girl with a quirky sense of humor.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would not worry in the slightest, in fact I would take lots of time to yourself now before moving on. No one wants to rush into a relationship because they fear being alone...

I am 24 and appreciate all those things, and I think I am decent enough. It seems like everyone is getting married, but I think it is more of just a shock how many people do get married right out of school, but it is a small percent, social media just throws it in your face more than the single people do.

I think your only issue, is now you have to contend with the many people who are single because they WANT to be, such as myself. But I would say still even more guys want relationships than compared to those who do not and or married.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry you will be fine but first let yourself heal for the breakup and just have fun being single.. do things on your bucket list you weren't able to do while with him. Enjoy life! Yes you will find someone and yes there is still good guys out there. Do not stay in a relationship just because you are afraid of being alone. Trust me you will feel such a sense of freedom when you do. Speaking from experience I was with someone for 8 years broke up 2.5 years ago at the age of 26 . I've been with my boyfriend 2 years now and he is amazing and I'm happy. Best of luck!

What Guys Said 16

• Being alone for the rest of your life is better than being with someone who makes you unhappy.

You have to answer yourself the question, are you really unhappy or you're just looking for reasons to leave your current bf?

• I've been unhappy for quite a while. It took a long time for me to finally decide that it couldn't be fixed.

• In that case move forward. I won't lie to you lol there are a lot of asshats out there as you can see on GaG but there are also good single people, you just have to look until you find one

• What he said. I would also add that it's better to be alone than to be with someone who doesn't meet your standards.

And "alone" =/= "lonely".

• You will need some time to recover from the breakup, then you will need some time to devote to the search. Understand that you will sort through much chaff before you find the wheat, but all you need to find is ONE good guy. It wouldn't mean very much if it was an easy assignment, so don't expect it to be easy. . . but the goal makes it worthwhile. There are men who are graduating college and still single, ready to be responsible members of society but they still know how to have fun. Good luck!

• But its like, you find ONE good guy you are very interested in, and everyrhing, BUT what if he doesn't wana take things further with you?

• But yet, YES its not ment to be which will mean more searching :/

• @hawaiiangroove Yes, when you find the right person for you but they don't wanna take it further with you. . . then they weren't the right person for you, were they? When you finally get there, you will value the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow because you will truly know what rare treasure you have found.

• I see them around. Dating is about learning about yourself and your needs. expect to go through a few, and possibly a marriage before knowing what you need.

If the emotions are still all tied up here, get counseling. Read a few relationship books, take time off... this is serious stuff and you need time to make sure you pick someone better and learn all that you can from this about yourself and what you really work well with. So often... we just go right back in... and pick the same person... with same results... .. childhood experiences steering your ship for you...

• I think your chances of finding a good guy now are better because they are older and hopefully more mature, established (or getting there) and know what they want in life. Same with you. Best of luck! I'm sure you will.

• Thanks, this is comforting!

• There are plenty of guys out there at your age and you will find someone.

For now though, take advantage of being alone and do some of those things you used to do when you were by yourself.

Have some fun! You can meet a guy at any point just enjoy not being with someone. If you can't be happy with who you are on your own, then you can't be wholly happy with someone else!

• of course you can find a god guy

• There are plenty of men to choose from, make sure to keep your eyes open and to not be too superficial!

You'll be just fine. ;-)

• "Men who are kind and fun and responsible and who appreciate a sensitive, grounded girl with a quirky sense of humor."

Yeah, most likely. But you'll find them boring and move on to some 'exciting' assclown.

• Didn't know you could see the future. Next time I need advice, I may ask to borrow your crystal ball.

• Don't need a crystal ball. Knowledge of women is enough.

• Ha, yeah that's what I thought 😂

• They certainly exist.

• Yup you got plenty of time. Your whole life is ahead of you

• You'll be fine

• Sure, unless you have very weird/uncommon preferences.

• He can't be a picky eater lol

• Then you're good, just make sure you keep going outside and meet new people.

• If I was like 6 years older...

• Yes. Just work on you. Don't get pregnant by some turd. Work on you and the men will flock to you.

• Wanna date me?

• Lots of good guys out there. The question is: Would you give them a chance?

• Of course, unless I see any red flags right off the bat.

• Being a virgin alone wouldn't do it. Being a virgin and angry/melodramatic about it, yeah that would lead to no second date.

• Or if you are even attracted to the goodones! Sometimes the very good ones aren't that attractiveas the cocky, study, alphay jerky guys. BUT there are definitely some. Or whereas the really goodone are the ones we wouldn't even talk or give a chance to almost seems like. but anythings possible.

What Girls Said 4

• Don't think of finding someone new right away.

This is so over-said and cheesy.

Work on yourself. Find the groove of being yourself and happy again. Worry about men later. lol

• Oh not to worry lol. I'm not gonna want to get involved with anyone for a good long while. :)

• <3 I like your attitude! I'm rootin' for you!

• There are definitely lots of great single guys out there at your age! Try not to worry too much. You will find someone.

It's far better to be single than in a relationship where you are incompatible with the other person.

• There are plenty of men out there looking but maybe you should take this time for yourself and not get hung up on finding another mate right away. often times the best men come along when you aren't looking for it. Besides, if your last mate wasn't compatible, take this time to figure out exactly what you like and want. I'm sure you've changed a lot since you met him at age 22.

• Oh no worries lol, imma be single for a good long time! I'm not into jumping from one serious thing into another, and also because of the reasons you mentioned (especially since I've actually been friends with the guy since I was 17). :) Thanks for the advice!

• yeah most likely