You're in a 7 months relationship and your boyfriend hasn't told you he loves you yet? Should you worry?

Most Helpful Guy

• seems like a relatively long time so it may be something to start thinking about as a problem but every relationship and guy is different. perhaps he's just slow to come around, perhaps he is just not good about verbalizing his feelings or perhaps he's just not feeling it yet

• thank you mad hatters :)

Most Helpful Girl

• No worry necessary. 7 months isn't that long, even though it seems it is. A guy may not tell you that he loves you, but what do his actions say? Is he regularly checking in on you to find out what is going on in your life? Does he like spending time with you? Is he thoughtful, caring and kind towards you? Does he do things to help you out just because?

People can say they love someone and not mean it. This has happened to me a few times. Words are just words unless there are actions to back them up. People can claim they care about you and then do the most selfish things. I think if you have a guy who is treating you right and showing he cares, then you have a boyfriend who loves you. He just may not be saying it because he probably thinks that you should already know that.

• Thank you very much darkfairie :)

• You are so welcome! :) It can be hard to think he loves you if he is not saying it, but there are so many ways a person can show love. Saying it with words is only one way, and it's not even always true. Hopefully your guy is showing you with his actions that he loves you :)

What Guys Said 9

• No you shouldn't worry. Actions speak louder tha words. Does he do things that you know he loves you?

• No He did not :(

• He said that before but that was months ago.. right now he's so buy with his career to compliment me anymore.

• Thats not an excuse. No one is to busy. If you are important he will make time. You need to either make a decision to leave or confront him. No one deserves to be not complimenTed Inna relationship.

• Wow that's very unusual in my opinion

• Nahh maybe he's not ready to say it yet I wouldn't push the issue either he'll say it when he's ready good luck to you:)

• Yes.

• coming from a guy. woah im really worried now

• 7 months seems a bit early for that.

• Have you told him and he didn't reciprocate? If so, then don't worry, but also know he isn't the one for you.

• Yea I did. but I'm drunk that time and I said it o a text

• Nope it's alright

• Have u guys had sex yet?

• Are you incapable of loving someone without having sex with them?

• Ofcourse we had sex.

• Why didn't u just say that some girls make people wait six months we didn't know ur situation

• He's just not a beta

What Girls Said 17

• Personally, yes, that would probably worry me a bit. Of course, everyone's relationship is different and people develop those feelings at different paces. So, if someone hasn't said "I love you" after 7 months, that doesn't mean they will never be in love with that person. In fact, they could also actually love their partner and just don't know how to say it yet. Maybe they are nervous or anxious about it. Saying those words for the first time can be a big deal for some people.

• You're right! I should probably wait some more. I love him and I also don't know how to say it. he's so busy with work o we can't meet each other often.

• No problem! :)

• "You could always say it first though and just tell him that you wanted him to know how you feel, even if he isn't ready to say it yet."

This is a good suggestion.

• I've been with my boyfriend for a year and we still haven't said it. But his actions toward me mean way more to me then the words them self. I know he'll say it when he's ready and personally I'd prefer it this way because I know when he does finally say it he will actually mean it 100% and I'll know he isn't just saying it because I said it or because he feels pressured. I've never once brought the topic up. All I know and care about is that he treats me like he loves me, talks about the future with me and involves me in his life which is more then I can say for all my exes who did say those words and clearly didn't man them. and I couldn't ask for more :) be patient.

• he talks about the future with me also, but sometimes I don't really feel that he loves me. he's a very difficult man to understand LOL. haha but thank you for sharing your opinion about this :)

• I am in the same position as @boredandconfused He shows me with his actions he loves me does more for me than my ex who would say it all the time.

• People care too much about showing the love verbally these days. He loves you or not, you should know the best. He shows you in actions, ie being protective, showing his affection. Words mean nothing if he doesn't treat you right. So yea, dont worry that much. Good luck..

• Thank you FantasticDay :)

• I was with my ex for 3 years and never told him I loved him...

• Thats cold.

• @yucel_eden I guess I can understand what you mean.

• I think YOU GOT A POINT! I had a 3 year relationship before he always says ilove you but always cheat behind my back haha. at least this current boyfriend of mine is loyal..

• Some people aren't that good at expressing their feelings with words. More often than not, actions speak louder than words.
    Have you told him you love him though? It's not like there's a rule that the dude has to say it first.

• I have but through drunk text so it doesn't count. and he ignored it by the way, :(

• Try doing it sober.

• Just give him time to figure out what he feels or figure out himself step by step to see if he loves you.

• Thanks rainbowdash :)

• No. I wouldn't worry.
    Maybe he's nervous. Does he show love through his actions?

• No, He's a really buy guy. and he expects me to understand it

• Love shouldn't be rushed though, it's better if it's after a year. Love dies quickly if it starts early. At least it did with me. But if it's bothers you, ask him why hasn't he said anything yet.

• I would worry about it.

• I'd start to worry at the 1 year mark.

• thankyou Ellie :) I'm planning to break up with him on our anniversary if there's no improvements in our relationship

• I think its nothing to worry about. Me and my boyfriend said it after a year and now we love each other so much and we have been dating for 3 years now so its fine cause everyones different

• omg, THANKS! thats a relief. :)

• I would be a little worried..

• thankyou, yea im already worried and Im planning to end things

• No I wouldn't worry. He might not be ready to say I love you. If his actions show that he cares about you and you have his undivided attention, he's probably still waiting for the right time.

• Yes.

• No, it takes time for everyone.

• Assuming he shows you he loves you...
    If he shows you he loves you in many different ways why do you actually need to hear the words?
    Words more often than not mean nothing at al.
    Focus on his actions.

• actually thats why I'm worried, he' always busy with work stuff and career etc. so he doesn't have much time for me. lets say we see each other once evry two weeks

• Maybe he got his heartbroken before

• Yea he did, by he's cheating slut ex girlfriend :'( but i wouldn't hurt him. not in a million years

• If I got my heart broken I would never say I love you first after either