How can I be friends with my crush?

I know my crush has a girlfriend but I want him to be part of life. Though not too close because I don't want to break them up. I still want a chance with him if they do break up one day. What's the best way to be friendly with him? Should I continue talking to him? He never approached me first. I'm always the first to approach. I don't care if anything happens with him but I feel like I should take a chance.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's difficult to be "just friends and watch him be with someone else", but if you love him that much. You basically have to be the best friend you can and still care about his feels/well being.. just try and keep the physical contact to a minimum, as to not draw you in and blurry the line.

• Talk to him. Simple hang outs with him if his girlfriend is okay with that I guess.

What Girls Said 1

• Friendly advise, don't do that. It doesn't work for most people.