Ladies, Are these things important to you when looking for a partner?

Rate these things in importance to your search for a companion

1. Is employed 1-10
2. Has his own Car 1-10
3. Has his own Place 1-10
4. Has a college degree 1-10
5. Is Physically attractive 1-10

Also feel free to list things your potential partner must have!

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Is employed - 8 (or actively looking for a job)
    2. Has his own Car - 6
    3. Has his own Place - 5
    4. Has a college degree - 3
    5. Is Physically attractive - 6

Must haves:

Kind personality (and not obnoxious)
    A sense of humor
    Some ambition (aka not lazy all the time)
    Has similar life views as me

What Girls Said 28

• 1. 7.5 - However I don't want them working at a dead end job like a fast food joint. Other than that I don't care what profession their in, just so long as they make enough money to support themselves and they love what they're doing! (I hate negative people!)

2. 4 - He can catch the bus or train or walk, so long as he doesn't ask me for lifts everyday, unless its an emergency. And so long as his planning to get a car in the future

3. 1 - I'm 19 years old so I don't expect anyone around my age to have their own place :P

4. 3 - It would be nice, but the main important thing is that they have something going for them or they have a future ahead of them whether it was through university or not.

5. 8 - I can be attracted to personality traits as well but they have to look decent or well groomed. Not just "rolled out of bed and walk out the door like this". Some care and maintenance in their appearance is nice!

On the side note I'd like my potential partner to be adventurous and loves to travel as well as be curious and interested in different things, such as languages or maybe intellectual thinking? Haha that's pretty much my dream guy. But might not find him :(

• I dont think thats to unrealistic, there are plenty guys like that.
      You will find him no problem

• I hope so. A lot of guys that I meet aren't as curious as me; I question a lot whether its a dumb question or not. I also forgot to mention that they needed a big imagination :) Couldn't stand a guy who didn't have one.

• 1. 10, unless he's between jobs and actively looking for one. He can't help it if no one is hiring, but I prefer at least if the guy shows perseverance and resilience and keeps trying. I do the same.

2. 5, because it really depends. His financial situation, and whether it makes sense. If he's got a job close to public transport or can bike, that's acceptable to me. Or if he's got a job that requires him to constantly move, or the area he lives in is so cramped it's hard to have a car.

3. 8, it depends on his circumstances, financially and emotionally.

4. 5, because sometimes people can get great jobs out of high school, and they can earn a decent living doing what they love without that degree. A guy having a degree or working on one is only important to me if he's literally doing nothing else productive with his life and has no long term goals to be self-sufficient.

5. 8, as long as I'm attracted to him, that's all that matters. I don't care if he doesn't match society's standard of attractiveness. Good hygiene matters the more to me honestly, and whether or not he appears as if he takes care of himself.

My non-negotiables are: he MUST be able to kill insects (because we both can't not be able to kill bugs, or at least be able to remove them from the house if he'd prefer not to kill them), be okay with cleaning the bathroom (once we move in together--I can take care of the rest), and be willing to shave his facial hair every once in a while and be completely clean shaven if he's the type that prefers having a full beard most of the time (I like the clean shaven look, but I can deal with beards if he'll meet me in the middle every now and then. It can be once in a blue moon if he wants.) The MOST important thing though is that our humor code matches. I love funny guys, but if he doesn't get my jokes and I don't get his, then it's no fun. Especially because I like to laugh. A lot.

• Yeah, You seem to have your priorities straight :)
      I can kill insects no problem and clean my own bathroom every weekend or so, I also shave regularly which is awesome!

Thanks for sharing

• well dats onli yu, som grls think guyz who tipe like dis R Handsum lol! just kidding...
      Oh heavens that sounded terrible.

yes speaking and typing like a decent human being is definitely high on my list as well :)

• 😂😂😂😂

• 1. Ten
    2. Zero
    3.. zero
    4. Zero
    5. Ten

He has to have a job and great work ethic. He doesn't have to have a car, he can walk to work. He doesn't have to have his own place, we can get one together. If his job posting and exceptionally well, he doesn't need a college degree. Yes I have to be physically attracted to him. I am married to this guy too so this is not made up stuff.

• I like your approach! Things either matter or they dont!
      Thanks

• I meant to say that if his job pays exceptionally well. You're welcome. Some times the most important thing is that the guy has great morals

• 1. 10 (its not that i would break up with a guy if he lost his job and was unemployed for a few months, but i am definitely looking for someone who's motivated and hard working)
    2. 10 (just like me)
    3. 5 (its a five for now because although it is impressive to have your own place as soon as you graduate high school, it is not expected. but im just talking about guys my age, if he's like in his 30's then it is definitely a ten)
    4. 10 (even though im in college right now so i dont have my degree, i am on my way and expect the person im with to be as well or for them to already have it if they're older)
    5. 7 (he has to be attractive to me, but he doesn't have look like some kind of male model, its not thatt important)

• Yeah having a car is so important, in most places.
      Thank god I finally have one lol!

• yeah it depends on where you live but where i live, that is the main form of transportation so if you dont have a car, you are screwed basically and won't get anywhere.

• 1) 10, I dont really care what kind of work he has, but he need to get paid.
    2) 9, whatever car he owns is okay coz it tells me he is able to commute not only to me and work and it would mean a lot in his daily life.
    3) 3, not matter at all actually, as long as he is willing to be making a life on his own in the future.
    4) 6, knowledgeable men are always attractive as an open book for me, but its alright if he doesn't have college degree since knowledge not only came from the books.
    5) 7, Im not wishing to be like a super hot guy but at least I prefer him to be an average guy. One thing is a must that I like tall guys, my own preference.

• 1. 8
    2. 5
    3. 7
    4. 1
    5. 5

• 1. Is employed 1-10
    Would be a 10, I don't care what he does or how much he makes, as long as he works.

2. Has his own Car 1-10
    Would be a 1

3. Has his own Place 1-10
    Probably a 5, depending on his age.

4. Has a college degree 1-10
    1, doesn't matter to me.

5. Is Physically attractive 1-10
    About a 5. But I like just ok looking regular dudes, not buff supermodels so as long as i'm some what attracted to him, we're good lol

• Wow, most girls I know like a guy with a car lol
      I have 3 roommates in my house, you think most girls wouldn't like that?
      My ex hated my roommates

• 1 = 10
    2 . Not important but it is ideal. Having a car in my city is not a must but it's preferable.
    3. Don't care at all. I still live with my parent's
    4. Not important but preferable
    5. Physical attraction is a must

My boyfriend has all besides having his own place.

• Well if he is around your age, its hard to get your own place. Good for you, I think these are some pretty basi standards, I was just curious what girls would be able to live with out :)

• Dang, by 30 he should seriously try and move out. He probably saved a heck ton of money though

• lol we have traditional families so I completely understand.

• 1. 8
    2. 4
    3. 5
    4. 5
    5. 10

• They aren't top priority.

• 1. Is employed - 10. I like ambitious people, it's fine if you're between jobs but not if you just sit around all day.
    2. Has his own Car - don't really have much of a preference but it is important, so 5?
    3. Has his own Place - usually a 10 unless there are special circumstances. Iregardless, I don't want to meet your parents the first time I come over..
    4. Has a college degree - 1, although I value higher education there are many extremely smart and successful people without degrees
    5. Is Physically attractive - 10, this one is very important to me, it doesn't matter what other people think of you, but if I'm dating you I absolutely have to find you attractive.

• A = #1
    A place
    B employed
    C attractive
    D car
    E degree

• 1. 10
    2. 6
    3. 5
    4. 4
    5. 10 (to me)

• 7
    5
    1
    1
    6

• I dont care for cars, being employed is important because it means he's independent (i dont want a mammas boy), if he's in his 30s he should have his own place but in this economy its not easy so its understandable. But if im looking to marry him, he needs to be living separately from his parents. College degree IS important because he can work anywhere (my father didn't have a degree and he couldnt find a proper job except painting houses), attractiveness only goes so far... hope that helps.

• Depends where you live, Having wheels is important.
      Thankfully I still have time to get my degree, and save up for my own place

• Car, own place and physical attractiveness is not that important for me actually.

• Wow, lol
      You care about how he makes yo feel then right?

I wish I met a girl like this haha

• You must be a hopeless romantic, haha
      The more i grow older, the more I realize how much value is placed on what you can offer Materially

• Unfortunately..

• 1: 10
    2: 10
    3: 6
    4: 1
    5: 8

• Employed - 10
    Car - 7
    Place - 10
    Degree - 3
    Attractive - 8

• It depends on his age. If he's not in Uni anymore then:
    1. 10
    2. 7
    3. 3
    4. 10
    5. 8

• 1. 8
    2. 8
    3. 10
    4. 2
    5. 8

• 1. 9/10
    2. 1/10
    3. 8/10
    4. 8/10
    5. 10/10

• 10
    10
    10
    8
    11

• At your age I don't think you need your own place but a job and a car are kinda important

• Yes all of that is very important. 10 to all

• 1 and 4 are the most important.

• I am getting a degree and have a part time... I guess thats not the best situation haha soon though

• I don't know most of the girls I want, Want a guy who can offer a lot more than me. :/
      Hopefully in a few years I will be a total package

• I'm sure you will be because you sound motivated and you're doing what you're supposed to do.

I hold guys to the same standards that I set for myself, that's why I picked 1 and 4. As for #5, a guy doesn't need to be conventionally handsome. Physical attraction is more complex than that, I think.

• 1.10
    2.10
    3.10
    4.5
    5.9

• 1- 200
    2- 6
    3- 9.5
    4- 10
    5- 5

• 5. = 10 (where 10 is most important) I don't mean he has to be a model, just that we have to really fancy each other.

3. = 8 for practical reasons

1. = 6 if he's unemployed but looking for work it wouldn't put me off

2. & 4. = 0 don't care

• Surprising you dont care if he has a car or not lol

• Well I suppose it depends how close we live to each other, but as long as we can still see each other regularly then yeah, don't care.

• Before I owned a car this was always a problem I had with dating lol

What Guys Said 2

• I have all those things but I retried early because my wife passed. However, I own my home outright!

• I am sorry for your loss.
      I have 1,2, and 5. I am working on my own place and degree.
      I have 3 roommates that make my life much harder

I want to buy a house one day!

• 1. Physical Attractiveness
    2. Has a college degree

I couldn't care less about the other ones. I'm the provider, after all.

• Yeah I guess for guys, we expect less from women than they expect from us lol!
      we just want them to look nice and not be stupid haha