Long Distance relationship problems?

I am currently in a long distance relationship with a guy who lives in Canada. We met while he was in Texas to visit. Although we hit it off instantly he had to go home after a mounth but we didn't break it off. We have been dating since August of 2015 so about a year and he's said he loves me and I love him and care for him to but I feel like he can't be there for me threw a computer or phone and that I'm missing out on everything a relationship should be dates and kisses and being together. I care for him but I feel like we might be living a dream not reality. I'm not sure what to do. Stay with him and Waite for something that might not ever happen or break up with him and ruin my chance with him. I just really need some advice

Most Helpful Guy

• I had a long distance, I thought it won't work
    Went to see other girls, ruined my life
    Back to my long distance, cause some women worth the effort

Most Helpful Girl

• In your case, I take it that you two never get to see each other. For some reason, my past few relationships have been long-distance as well, although not quite THAT far. We travel to see each other at least every other week minimum if not once a week or more. We go on actual dates. There's only so many memories that you can make through a computer screen/on the phone. If you're young and truly feel like you're missing out on a real relationship experience, I'd call it quits because it seems that is what you're leaning toward. Ultimately, it is your choice. But life is too short to be unhappy.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• There's something platonic in long distance relationship. It reminds me old time when there were many obstacles and miles between two lovers but you are right, It is somehow dream life not reality.
    You should return back in reality and take a break from him.
    Long distance relationship is more friendship rather than relationship.

• if you really love him, then wait if u can...
    me and my boyfriend live very far apart fro each other, we both knew who had a crush on each other, but instead we both waited 2 years for someone to speak up and yes 2 year, even as a crush we loved each other so much to wait, and now we are together (tho love has kinda decreased)
    but still, it is possible for things to happen :)
    wish best luck for you

• You guys should stick it out and meet again

• I think, you should break up.
    The reason I'm saying this, is because over time, I became mentally impaired; with depression and anxiety disorder.
    Its better to let them go.

"You can love someone so much... But you can never love people as much as you can miss them."
    —John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

• Not everyone is cut out for an LDR. If you prefer intimacy and getting to do all of those one on one activities, then this just isn't the type of relationship for you. Also, is there a silver lining? Like maybe on or the other person has plans to move closer? If that's not in the books either, then it's a definite no, unfortunately.