First date. Feel horrible, should I?

Met this girl online and went out on a first date with her. I haven't dated in awhile, I took time off after my long term relationship. So to be honest this whole dating game is new to me.

Well anyway I started talking to this girl on a dating website. She only had one picture of herself but you could only see a little bit of her face and hair. When we met I had a good time but I did not find her attractive at all. I feel like a dick about it and so shallow that I didn't find her attractive. I kind of don't want to go on a second date with her. Have any of you had this situation before, be honest on what you did? Should I be truthful to her or just ignore her texts?

Most Helpful Girl

• be truthful, but phrase it in a way that won't make her feel self conscious. I would say something along the lines of "you seem like an awesome girl and I had a lot of fun with you but I honestly don't feel the chemistry is there" men who ghost suck.

• Thank you I was honest with her and she was cool with it. I asked if she would like to be friends and she agreed and told me she's thankful I was honest with her. So where gonna start hanging out as friends.

What Girls Said 4

• If you're not feeling it, then don't force yourself. You wouldn't be doing anyone any favors. Don't ignore the poor girl though, that's a bit mean and rather rude.. but you also don't have to be like "bitch you ugly", say something vague but polite about how you don't think you guys are compatible or she isn't quite what you're looking for and you think you'd be better off as friends.

• I wouldn't ignore her , that's more hurtful than being brutally honest. Its possible to be tactful without being hurtful towards her by telling her she's unattractive. That would be pretty mean and rude.

She may not display pics of herself which show her full face because she has low self-esteem, and lacks confidence in herself.

• I ignored his texts honestly. That works.

• Be truthful. Ignoring her texts is cruel and will upset her. She will appreciate honesty far more. You don't have to be blunt though, just "I'd rather stay friends" gets the message across.

What Guys Said 2

• Be truthful. It will hurt but at least your not a dick for ignoring her

• Ask to see one another on webcam first, next time.

• Mix the two: ignore sometimes, and be truthful but with diplomacy and not too straight language the rest of times.