How long to wait before asking a girl out on a date?

Someone at work gave me the number of his girlfriends close friend and we chatted for a couple of days, for some reason she stopped talking to me for a couple of weeks, but now has started chatting to me again. I find her quite attractive and she seems smart, but i don't wanna blow my chances by asking her out too soon

How long should one normally wait; i myself normally wait a week. This too long or not long enough?

Most Helpful Girl

• It simply depends on you. If you just came out of a relationship then it is way to soon. Go at your own pace, and not rush into it if your not certain if she is somebody you really want to be serious with. Take as long as you need to truly get to know who your attracted to, before you make a mistake in being with problems you can't psychologically handle. Especially with somebody who you can't see giving your whole 100% for every single day.

• I've never had a girlfriend so first point there is moot :p

• Just remember to guard your heart and be mentally and emotionally prepared, and you should do fine.

• Haha i'm used to be rejected so i'm always expecting it

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of girls I asked out on the first day of meeting them after having a pleasant conversation.

One of the reasons I prefer to ask out early is because I don't want to fall for a girl who might not be interested in me. So I often moved from one acquaintance to the next quite rapidly.

To me if you have a nice conversation with a girl and the two of you are laughing and joking and you feel a good vibe, it's a pretty natural extension to just invite her to a event coming up soon or a nice place you know. That can happen as early as the first day of meeting her.

• Well all the events i go to aren't most people's forte (i go to a few dance events) was thinking of just asking her out for drinks over lunch or something (a more casual date as it were)

• I havne't been speaking to her long enough to get on her good or bad side :p

• It's a spur of the moment thing -- like when you two are chatting and she seems to be enjoying your company, that's a perfect time to ask.

What Girls Said 7

• I just come out and say it.

• Don't wait!

• Well i can't ask her out rioght now as she is on holiday with her friend. Not sure when she arrives back as i didn't even know she was on holiday till today.

So when she gets back you think i should just ask her out for drinks?

• @h3yev3ryb0dy I can't tell if it's sarcastic

• What you said is true sometimes

• I dont think there's a specific time frame if you like her just ask. The worst that can happen is that she refuses in any case..

• If you like her ask her out. It doesn't really matter how long you wAit but it's better to err on the side of too little than on the side of too long.

• Just ask her whenever she comes back from holiday.

• I feel weird just opening the conversation with asking her out

• I don't expect not to try anything and I think most women would expect you to lol.

Hopefully it goes well and she goes out with you. It's pretty obvious you really like her.

• Well she's cute, attractive , and she seems intelligent (she is doing sociology at uni) and as much as i would love to have sex with her, i can repress that till we get to know each other

• I think a week is too long. About 3 days or less is ok.

I'd ask her when she gets back from her holiday. Good luck!

• ask her out now

• She's on holiday and can't chat so

• as soon as you are able to talk to her again ask her :)

What Guys Said 6

• Don't wait or do it soon when you get a day off!

• Asap, if you have to wait then move on. But I'm really impatient tho that's just me

• Just do it soon. I'd be more worried about her ghosting you for the two weeks though. I imagine she was trying to get involved with another dude but those fell through so she went back to you.

• Ask her out now. In person or over the phone

• Lmao like 69 seconds, it's bullshit chicks aren't visual lol they are. Dw

• 420 seconds