Have you ever friend zoned someone "hot"?

So I've known this guy for 3 months, he's a great person and super cool, I enjoy talking with him. He's really attractive, tall, dark skin, in amazing shape and we get along great personality wise. The thing is I just see him as a friend, I was confused my self but I don't know I couldn't see myself dating him. He flirts with me but I just brush it off. Have you ever friend zoned someone "hot" and what were your reasons?

1115

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually managed to date a model once -- not a major celebrity or anything of that sort, just a girl who was quite attractive who did photo shoots for casual wear, swimsuits (not too sexual), that sort of thing. She's probably as close as I got to the "trophy" girlfriend.

She wasn't like a stereotypical model either. She was easy-going, fun-loving, had fairly interesting things to talk about like traveling (she did it a lot for her work).

However, we just didn't have that strong of a connection. Her whole life seemed like one endless party to me with most of her conversations being about the places she's been, the parties she has attended, the luxury hotels she stayed in, etc. I'm a software engineer -- I don't quite relate to that kind of lifestyle (I party myself but not in that kind of extravagant way).

Also while she looked stunning in a dress, in the bedroom she just kind of threw her clothes off and lay there. It's like I'd put her in a 9 on the street but maybe 6 in the bedroom -- almost zero effort, and she just didn't seem nearly as beautiful to me in that context.

Anyway, we kind of friend-zoned each other. The whole relationship wasn't really picking up in terms of intimacy. We enjoyed each other's company, but that was about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I have, and exactly those reasons. I thought he was hot but just didn't feel anything.

I've only ever truly fallen for someone once and he had me feeling butterflies in my stomach, my cheeks would getting hot, I'd feel electricity go through my body, and my heart would beat fast. And those are the feelings I have when I like someone; it's like I get all excited and shy at the same time... anyway but yeah I've friend zoned someone hot - looks aren't everything, there has to be chemistry.

• That's exactly it, I don't feel a spark with him. I guess I was just a little surprise because I am attracted to him and we have good convos. We did kiss and it was terrible lol

• Yeah the spark is important in my opinion.

• Thank you for MHG :)

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah it's happened a lot, basically they didn't have the things I look for in a relationship. Whether it be their personalities, intellect, ambition etc.

• Yes... I... have...
    ha ha... HAH HAH HAH
    MUHAHAHAHA!!! MUAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    https://youtu.be/BdvUR67nZs0
    It was totally Worth it :v
    She tried to friend zone me, but I beat her to it >:P

• This makes zero sense to me. So you're physically attracted to him and you two get along? Wow so meeting date-able guys must be hard for you huh.

• Being 35 and on this site makes zero sense to me. I guess we're both clueless.

• How sensitive are we now. Funny enough that response actually explains it.

• When people magically know you..

• Yeah i have some hot friends but they're personalities and mine don't match at all

• Yes. Because they didn't have the right personality.

• Psh yeah, because some think they are out of their league, so they don't even try. I will I have no shame.

• Yup. Just didn't have the same goals in life. We butted heads a lot to.

• Yes. Because hotness isn't enough.

• nope. only ones that were fat/unattractive to me.

• Yea I have

• Yes because we are not compatible.

• "Hot" women are more likely to cheat. I would never date one.

• I do that. Few things satisfy me more than rejecting "hot" vain arrogant peacocks (and "hotties" tend to be that way).

• Yes because they were too hot

What Girls Said 10

• I don't recall having exactly that before but I have had where I'm not that attracted to supposedly "hot" people.

For example: Robert Pattinson, Ryan Reynolds, Daniel Craig, Ryan Gosling, Daniel Radcliffe, Matt Lewis, Zac Efron, The Jona's brothers, Zayn Malik, Harry Styles, etc.

I can see the appeal in SOME of them but I'm still not that attracted to them. These are pretty much all just average looking for me.

I'd rather stick with my boyfriend and I had the same opinion before I was even with him: Those guys are all just average looking to me: nothing special.

• Yep. This notoriously hot guy in high school, who literally everybody wanted, for some reason, wanted ME - because he apparently liked me for being weird and "little." He tried to hook up with me and I wouldn't because he was literally a bit of a douche. But we stayed friends. Lol.

• Yeah I basically always do that when I realise they are actually dumb (as in no intellectually stimulating conversation is possible).. or just not my type of person in general lol - looks really aren't everything if you're considering a serious relationship.

• Yes, because I didn't have any feelings for them like that and therefore I didn't see them as being "hot." I'd have girls come up to me like "Who was THAT?" after the guy would walk away from talking to me and I'm like "who him?" I just plain don't have any romantic feelings about that person even if they are considered attractive so I only see them as a friend.

• I don't know maybe involuntary.

• Yup. I friend zone people all da time!!!

• Yeah, I have a lot of attractive friends I'd never date.

• All the time

• Yes, I have.

• Someone that was hot by def. but that I just wasn't interested or attracted to? Yes... alot!

• Someone that was hot by def. but that he just wasn't interested or attracted to? Yes... alot!

• @Daynada I am sorry if you felt I was judging you I was just trying to explain my stance and answer did you ever friend zone someone hot. So with your switching out the I wasn't interested with 'he' are you saying that that your hott and get friend zones alot? I am sorry, just trying to follow what you are saying, once again not trying to judge or insult.

• Np😊 I don't by any means think I'm hot at all. I feel average. I was just more saying that I guy I liked didn't feel the same way so he wasn't interested. I appreciate your comments and next time I'll try to explain alittle better🙂