Should I defriend my crush if he started dating someone else?

We only know each other online since years ago, we were finally supposed to meet in person next year. Then he suddendly stopped talking to me, and few days ago we had a conversation, he told me he met someone else. Of course it hurts a lot... I thought I should defriend him cause I don't want to have anything to do with him anymore, but at the same time I don't want to be taken as an immature person by doing that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Tough one, I would definitely pull back and create some distance. If the friendship fades away then it wasn't meant to be.

What Guys Said 3

• You don't need to defriend him, just don't show any interests that go beyond friendship anymore.

• Yes, dump him and move on.

• yes because you have to move on

What Girls Said 3

• No, that's not immature. You'd be immature if you'd still choose to keep in touch even if you'd know it would hurt very much.

Just don't have further interactions with him. He clearly isn't that enthusiastic in meeting you like you do.

• If you want to save the friendship of what is left of it, then I guess just distance yourself for a while until you can get over him. I'm kind of in a similiar situation and that's what I'm doing.. lol. If things change and he wants a friendship then that'll be up to you but if it's basically a dead end then let it go.

• its online. there really is no real connection. i say cut him off and find someone new