What's the reason a guy wouldn't say that he has a girlfriend/is seeing someone?

A guy I met on Tinder asked me on a date and then few days later rejected me saying that he is not looking for a relationship because he is not sure if he's gonna stay in my town and is kinda still not over his ex, so he doesn't want to end up hurting me. But he wanted to be friends. Later I found out that he was already seeing someone he also met on Tinder a week before me. When I asked him about her he said she's just a friend and that he is not seeing anyone. I guess he was still looking and wasn't sure about her, then he developed feelings for her and decided to stop dating. He deleted his profile and they are still "seeing each other". Why didn't he just tell me the truth?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he's using Tinder?

Most Helpful Girl

• At the time, He probably 'Wasn't sure about her,' and maybe even thought there Might be someone out there who was a Better catch of the day.
    Apparently, he found out Different and now theses two Fish in a Dish are together. He probably thought it was Wise in his own Eyes... Disguise any Lies.
    Don't let this One who Got off the hook, Get to you. More Finer Fish in the sea.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• Sometimes saying you're not all that, and that other chick's got it going on is a major dick move.

• Probably he is just looking for a fuck

What Girls Said 2

• You already know and mentioned the answer in your question. He was still looking and not sure about her. Don't worry about what he's doing, wish them lots of luck together as there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

• Because men want options and may date a few people at the same time before making a "decision" on any of them.