Guys, what are your thoughts on girls who don't like/have social media?

I personally withdrawed myself from social media half a year ago. I never liked Facebook so that's one thing I never had. I deleted my Instagram page and got rid of everything else which allowed other people to dig into my life and business through their phones. I am just a private person and I feel like social media isn't adding any value to my life. It's not that I am anti-social. I love socializing with friends and going out, I just prefer do to all talking and sharing with the ones who matter to me most in real life, face to face. I feel like people often react shocked when they ask for my socialmedia and I tell them I don't have any. I do have Whatsapp so I can chat with friends and families, it's just these pages I don't have. Is it a turn off or like a big deal? I remember recently a guy I like asked me if I have FB or Insta, once I said no, that was it. Not even gonna ask me for my number so we can text? Is social media that important?

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Thought my crush was even better cause she didn't have Facebook and she made it sound like she was unpopular and stuff. Just made her seem more down to Earth or maybe more like me.

Turns out she has (had) a Twitter account and about 800 followers, and an Instagram (which is private so idk). She didn't have an FB until about a year ago.
    I think she deleted her Twitter too and I don't know why still. She doesn't have a smartphone anymore so that could be why I guess.

But yeah social media is just a distraction and the girls who use it a LOT can be kinda annoying. Because they'll definitely use it while you're trying to just hang out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I felt better and free when I started withdrawing from social media too. I just got sick of it after I've been told so many harsh things there. I deleted all my apps like whatsapp, viber, whatever... I had Facebook years ago but I never got back there once I left. It's such a waste of time, all about superficiality and gossiping. I also deleted Twitter a year from now and I felt so much relief. I don't even use my phone very much. I can keep it turned off for like 2 to 3 days if I don't have anything important planned.

Not being present on social media didn't prevent me from meeting new people and making new friendships. I actually got closer to some friends and met more people after I deleted all my accounts. Those who really care never fail to reach out, and spending time face to face is a hundred times better than texting.

I've never been told that I'm weird for not being virtually active though I'm always honest with people and tell them that I don't like social media. But some people have been disturbed by the fact that my phone is turned off sometimes :p

• Haha, I love your comment, just because I am pretty much the same. It's good knowing I am and won't be the only one. Social media truly makes most people a little bitter and judgmental. How nice would it be if everyone could mind their own business once and for all.

• I noticed that it seriously affected my communication with my closest friends and also my sister complained that I was always stuck on my phone and never listening to her when I still had Twitter and whatnot... I felt like I was just wasting my time not feeling anything "deep" , if you see what I mean, and not being productive. I felt very bland but I only realized how bland I used to feel when I left.

Yes, plus most people feel invincible simply because they are behind a screen and dare saying things they'd not dare to say in "real life".

What Guys Said 21

• I wouldn't mind that at all, it's her choice! She having social media or not, doe snot influence my opinion about her in any way.

• http://i.giphy.com/NnGGHE0muVqpO.gif

I was lucky enough to grow up before social media and i feel sorry for those who grew up ONLY knowing it. It seems to have done the opposite of it's name and ruined actual social lives lol...

• Thank goodness. Finally a girl that doesn't like social media and isn't 24/7 on Instagram.
    To me, it's very positive that she doesn't have social media. Though I don't mind FB, having an Instagram is something that makes me wary, cause people with Instagram (who use it often) tend to be pretty narcissistic.

• I wouldn't mind at all. I used to be that way but I eventually gave in and got social media because so many people were using it. I don't really see it as a big deal and I could probably live without it, but in the meantime it doesn't hurt to have it.

As for a girl I'd date, I wouldn't mind if she abstained from social media, as long as she didn't have generally antisocial tendencies. In many ways I'd actually find it attractive because I understand exactly why someone would take that step.

• No, I honestly don't even like people that are so obsessed with all this technology now a days because it's sad how our world is today. Everyone on their phones and no talking in person or saying hi to a stranger when In the elevator.
    If I liked a girl and then found out she didn't have social media I would be so frikin happy and lucky!!! I find it attractive 😛
    Also, that dude that didn't ask for your number is a dumbass-good thing u didn't date him 😆 cause if social media changes his thoughts for you then he is not right for you. (fucktard, who knew people these days could be so stupid and self centered)
    Best of luck 😎

• Any girl not on facebook gains points with me!

• Hellz yeah! Welcome to the club, girl!

• I would appreciate that.

• High Five!

• I agree somewhat with you, outside of Snapchat I'm not involved barely with any other social media. It's just stressful to me to keep up, have perfect pics, etc

• They are sane and intelligent

• That's ok. I have facebook and instragram and whatnot but quite honestly the only thing I use frequently is whatsapp, so I understand what you mean.

• no, as i dont have social media myself it is a relief to see that not all girls are obsessed with it.

• Great, it means she probably isn't attention hungry

• Yeah that's good, there are a lot of girls that get argumentative over social media things and get caught up in it so it's good that you don't

• I think they are lonely and probably ugly.

• That's judgmental. So you're pretty much saying if I'm not on my phone 24/7 scrolling through everyone's personal pages to see what they're doing and gathering likes and comments and adding people I've met once in my life as "friends" on digital devices than I must be lonely or ugly?

• "Any girl not on facebook gains points with me!" <- Has no explanation. You agreed with it. Come on now, don't do this, it's ridiculous. We're adults, let's just let it go. I think what I think. This person thought what they thought. No need to explain. No need to argue.

You only consider that which you agree with helpful. This is terrible behavior and definitely a sign of you having had social media addiction prior. It's okay. It happens. I'm happy you've chosen to recover.

• Don't tell me what a mindset and behavior of an adult should be like. No adult would comment that someone without social media must be ugly or lonely. You don't even agree on how hypocritical your comment actually is. Whay is anyone supposed to do with a comment like that anyway? Maybe you should man up a little as a 28 year old and make some actual sense, if that's even your real age. You can't be a critic and complain to someone for not agreeing on your opinion. This is my question, if you can not properly answer and help then don't. If you disagree with my comment then let me at least know WHY instead of being plain and simple. Again, have a very nice day.

• Dünyadan haberler ve iletişim bazen sohbet için
    facebook
    instgram
    whatsapp
    line

• I usually don't care. I only use it to contact poeple and message them.

• Nothing wrong with that. It shows she doesn't waste her time posting pictures of what food she's eating or when she's going to the toilet next.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• They only worry bout themselves. Just because they dont have social media, doesn't mean they have like social anxiety or something. Who knows tho, some people are like that and just want to be alone and not focus on anybody. Sometimes people see that as a waist of time and rather have some face to face communication going on. Have u noticed, peoole who pay attention to other a lot on social media, pay attention to them then their own lives? The comparison kicks in, you wana do what they do, u want what they just got. Etc.. its not a bad thing at all

• You don't have to be on social media to be 'existing'. Plus, it can get out of hand in a millisecond if you aren't careful.

• WOW!! We are the same.. lol!

• Social media's not my thing

• I'd hope he didn't mind, since I don't use social media. I deleted my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Never had Snapchat or whatever else is out there.

• You see! Even though I don't know your personal reasons for deleting all your social media pahes, don't you feel much more at peace than before you had all of it?

• Oh yes. It was just getting too cluttered with the same things. I still call or text friends and family, and in some cases email them. But I don't feel overwhelmed. Some friends who had a baby would post 20 pictures of the same picture over and over. I am very happy for them, but I do not need to see your son sleeping in the same position every 2 seconds.

I also saw how some people truly are. During certain times, they'd post some nasty (like racist, sexist, or something) posts and it was not good.