How old is too old?

I've always been attracted to men 10+ years older than me, guys my age just don't appeal to me. So when I met Dave, 52, it wasn't a surprise that I, 21, was attracted to him. He is funny, charismatic, and he gives off this sexual vibe that I just can't quite explain. We added reach other on Facebook and we message each other now and then, always having very flirty conversations. He's admitted to glancing down my shirt when I stopped at his house once. He's even gone as far as trying to get me to go on an overnight casino trip with him. Dave does know my parents and most of their friends, so that worries me a little. I don't want everyone knowing if i sleep with him, because they'll probably think it's a sugar daddy situation. I'm not sure how to approach Dave and even get this going even though he seems very interested. Any helpful opinions are needed!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Well the woman I'm seeing and I have a 19 year age difference, her being 19 and I'm 38. I never expected it to be more than friends but she made the move and started kissing/making out with me. She has long term plans to move away so there's no long term possibility but we both enjoy each other's company as well as the sex. She's the best lover I've had in my entre life.

• That's kinda of the situation I would see Dave and I in, nothing serious being that I want kids someday but probably not for a good 10 years. How did she make the first move? He has invited me over for some beers and a bonfire, should I do something then?

• Well first let me say I've never given the woman I'm seeing alcohol. She's not 21 yet and I would never try to get a woman drunk so we could get into bedroom activities. We kissed and she ended up stroking me through my shorts after making out a while so I took them down and she ended up giving me really great oral. IF you want to put a move on him I'm sure he won't refuse you but be weary of drinking.

Most Helpful Girl

• I date older men so no judgement, just a question.

Why hasn't he asked you out?

• I honestly think he's worried about the age gap too. We both come from a very small town so dating with an age gap is something people would talk about.

• Even in big cities people DO talk and it DOES come back to you, so living with that in a small town would definitely be really challenging.

I guess the fact that he also knows your parents isn't great.

How much do you really want him?

What Guys Said 8

• That's kinda creepy. The technical socially accepted number is, for a man, half your age + 7. So, for a 52 year old, it would be socially acceptable for him to date a 33 year old. A 21 year old is preeeeeeeeeeetty far from there.

As for how to get there, I don't know man. I don't speak Baby Boomer generation.

• I wouldn't date outside of a - 4 and +4 range.

• I'd say there's nothing wrong with this. I'd say approach him and with the chemistry that appears to be between you, you will be together. Good luck to you.

• My best friend and former girlfriend is 27 years younger than me, we only split because she wanted kids, and I have had a vasectomy.
    She has been suggesting recently that she leave her partner, and bring herself and her two children to be with me!
    Her father is a year younger than me and we get on fine.
    I really don't know what to do!

• 52 is pushing it. I tried dating a 21 y/o last year. nothing special.

• you should talk to dave, and ask him if viagra is right for him. what does your dad think about this?

• Once the gap is more than 20 years YOU need to be the asker because most guys won't in order to protect ourselves from falling into the creeper category. You have to let him know it's ok.

• You should literally just say "Dave, want to go out? I don't mind that you're older." after that leave it to him.

• I might have to. He invited me over for dinner beer and a bonfire...

• You should accept and then, and this is important, ask "Dave, did you mean for this to be a date? Because if you did that's ok! :-) "

• mmmm bad girl ;)

What Girls Said 7

• Ok so I say at lest date someone in their early 30s dating a senior citizen is a bit gross. 53 years old? You sure you're not after his life insurance? That's the kind of stereotype you will get. But you should know since you're naive that older guys will manipulate you. From experience dating an older guy who 20 years older than me I don't want to date anyone older than 34. Older guys know the game they played well so they will try to control you. Everything seems good now but you have to know the bad side of dating older guys it comes with manipulation and a whole lot of other things. 52 im assuming he is married and the fact he preyed on you which is exactly what it is should tell you to not doing anything stupid with this guy. I know guys are age are idiots most are. Senior citizen territory is off limits its just down hill from that. And I don't think you be able to handle being called a gold digger and gross. Because having second with a grandpa is gross at 21. Could you imagine night time for him would be 5 and you're at at stage in life where you're discovering who you are if you date too old your life will be limited to meet their needs, and you should live your life without caring for some sick grandpa and stuff

• He defintley isn't married and isn't a grandpa. More like my father's age... I'm not thinking about like long term dating and marrying the guy, more something short term and casual since we both are single and neither of us wanted to settle down yet...

• Girl he is sla senior citizen your life will still be limited to meet his needs and he will manipulate you. He isn't going to want you for good intentions other than sex. At the end of the day you're still naive and he knows that and he will use that to his knowledge. Just Because he is a senior citizen don't mean you should t have him wear a condom they have lots a sex and most of them have stds.

• I honestly feel like he's trying to use you for sex rather than truly cares about you as a person.

• For me there's no "too old" :D If I guy is interesting to me than I don't care about the age. And I know what You mean with people don't understanding... but people are just people they'll always find something to judge. And if only older guys like 10+ appeal to You, their will come a day You'll need to confront Your family and friends about it...

• You're both consenting adults, and as long as you're both okay with it then that's all that matters. Just sit him down and talk honestly about it with him.

• Nah i love older, im 22 but love men in their 30-40's. It turns me on more. Its like letting him dig into an unbitten pie. Makes me feel more feminine. I don't know i just love older guys. Always have even when i was little.

• Any dude 5 or more years older than me ia too old for me.

• Last year I was into 5-10 years older :D

But I realized that omg 10 years is a huge gap.

Now, more than 7 years older is a no no for me.