Do you think good guys exist?

Interested in your opinions and why you feel that there is or isn't. I've lost all hope in men and I know guys say yeah the good guys are in the friend zone, but you can't help who you like, you can't force yourself to feel for someone. And how can you ever feel like there's good guys out there if you've witnessed or heard things yourself of various things guys have done. No I'm not saying women are perfect either by the way. My opinion is based on other people's relationships and some that I've had as well. Or ones I've read about, I never seem to hear about a good guy.

I feel as though everything is only ever just focused on sex for a guy. Especially when he know he can just go talk to another girl online. It seems like it's becoming harder to find a good guy these days.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, but there's a lot of dumbass fucktard fuckboys out there that only care about sex and treat girls like property.
    I personally would want a relationship and to date some girl that is obviously pretty but more importantly-is funny, energized, respectful, open minded, honest, behaves like herself and doesn't fake stuff etc.
    unfortunately, guys these days are seen as assholes and complete 💩 because if those immature idiots that don't know what life is really about. Sucks all you had to hear about was these guys and not the good ones.
    (People these day I tell ya ☹️)

• Thank you finally someone who understands!!!

• Lol, yeah I've learned well after going through some hard times in life with a disease. You begin to appreciate what you have and to treat people with respect and not just see them as a "toy" to play games with. At least you are smart and understand it too! 😎

Most Helpful Girl

• Well girl it's like everything in life there are some good apples and some bad apples. Don't let the bad ones ruining it for the good ones. It takes time and patience to get to know someone. No guy is perfect it's not real. I do believe there are some good guys out there somewhere but they are rare.

What Guys Said 24

• I think that the reason you are so confused is because you put too much worth on what others think of you or the image that you have of a perfect relationship inside your head placed my media, movies, songs etc (the same goes for Males as well).

If a guy treats you with respect, takes care of you, makes effort in the relationship, works as a team, places your needs before you, doesn't mean that he's a door matt, it means he simply adores you for who you are.

As for so much emphasis on sex, it's not even like 5% of the relationship, the relationship should not revolve around sex, there are other things that are more important than that, but that's what the society today think it's important, Fifty Shades Of Grey / Twilight (Books & Movies) have made millions at the box-office, which shows you where we are as a society today.

Make your life simpler, find joy in simple things in life, appreciate the little things that you have, job comes and goes, nothing is permanent in this world, but a good partner with good morals would stand by your side, not that at the first sight of trouble they would abandon you and jump ship, human beings aren't perfect, but if you believe in something and you have morals, you can get ahead in life, at least thats what I believe.

• I know the perfect relationship doesn't exist nor does the perfect person. All I want is a guy who respects me, is understanding, caring and loyal, makes me laugh.. But that's hard to find. I'm not attacking men in anyway, I'm only basing my opinions on my experiences.

• Do you know what insanity is? Doing the same thing over & over and expecting different results.

I think it's time that you reflect back on the relationships you've had and attempt to not make the same mistakes again (not saying that you've been making mistakes or you are a bad person), what I am simply saying is, try to reflect, I'm sure you would find the answer you are looking for.

I don't know the relationships you've had, my opinion is only based on what I've read, which makes me feel that you've been and hurt and disappointed multiple times.

So in order to prevent that, reflect and see what you can do from your end in order to not fall for those type of men again or if there is something that you need to improve, I say you take the chance and time now and make yourself a better version of yourself (not that you are bad or anything), just improving yourself further.

• Eventually, you have to lower your expectations

• You contradict yourself.

You say that there aren't any 'good guys', but then you seem to accept the claim that 'good guys' are in the friend-zone.

This myTake was aimed at girls who complain about nice guys, but you will find some useful information there: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a22747-women-need-to-stop-whining-about-nice-guys

• I never said good guys are in the friend zone I've just replied to others who have said good guys are in the friend zone.

• Well, read my myTake. It will help you.

• we exist but the problem is, girls ignore us. because girls are too busy going for the bad boy players. then she turns into a slut then she changes her mind to go for the decent good guys then the good guys dont want anything to do with girls like that.
    so what im trying to say is, its not difficult. girls just make it that way on themselves.

• Good guys? What's that?
    Nah, we're all out here just looking for a pussy to bang and a soul to suck.

• If you continually play the game with players, stop complaining when you lose. Most of these "bad guys" are actually good... for the right girl. Unfortunately, that's not you.

• ouch xD
      can you feel the burnnn

• Okay so you've dated nice guys, but then question if nice guys exist? Would you mind clarifying, i'm a little confused as to your point here.

If you mean you dated the faux nice guys who turned nasty, it's the same thing - not all of them will actually be nice, just like not all players will be bad. My point still stands though, you win some and you lose some.

• They've turned out not nice in the end and showed their true colors later

• "I've lost all hope in men and I know guys say yeah the good guys are in the friend zone, but you can't help who you like, you can't force yourself to feel for someone."

Therein lies the rub. Would you actually be happy with a good guy? Or are you out there dating trashy guys and claiming "well you can't help who you like" as you give in to your urge for a man who doesn't value you?

• Of course I would, I have dated a good guy, they just ended up breaking my heart in the end. So it's hard to think there is any out there, based on that and other experiences as well

• Well you'll find the right one eventually. "Trial and error" is fairly common nowadays.

Look at the types of guys you're attracted to and watch for specific behaviors that may be red flags for the future. Better to end it early if they're bad guys.

As for breaking your heart, maybe they felt something but their feelings changed?

• There are good guys in the world, i'm one of them; they are ones normally out alone as they've had to learn to do things alone cos people walk over them. Till they grow a backbone then they learn to persue the girls they like.

What kind of guys you into? Personality and Looks wise?

• no good guys are dead. all killed by feminism. all guys that exist today are pure evil and we only want sex from you, once you have sex with us we dump you ASAP. its not like we have a need for intimacy, love and affection or anything.

• So a good guy is a guy is who doesn't want sex? Good luck finding that guy.

• No. A good guy is a genuine guy that doesn't treat you like crap, doesn't JUST want sex and doesn't lie, cheat or lead you on, or use you.

• Okay. So maybe you should've included those details instead of just sex. Could've been helpful perhaps.

• I am a good guy, no doubt too old for most, but I am a nudist.
    It can be difficult to find a nice female partner who also likes to live naked most of the time. There are lots about but most are married or have a long term partner already.

• Good girls should have no problem finding a good guy. Sex is vital part of a relationship, no sex no relationship.

• Of course it is but I am talking about players and jerks who break girls hearts

• Well are "YOU" a good girl.

• Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Green Lantern. G. I. Joe. Tons of good guys.

• Try looking for male friends. Then attraction isn't an issue and it's not just about sex
    Maybe you'll find yourself attracted to them despite whatever they look like later on and you can build it into a relationship

• perhaps you and your crew attract a certain kind of guy.

• Girls friendzone the good guys all the time, that's where they are.

• Like I said you can't force yourself to feel for someone

• A guy is a friend at first in the friend zone. , he was already there anyway, it starts off like that. That's what guys don't understand, that they were originally there anyway so they can't get mad when the girl doesn't feel the same, if there was nothing going on between them to begin with and it was just platonic.

• Well I believe I've learned something.

• Yes, I'm one of them

• no, each and every single male human on earth is a complete and total prick, sorry babe

• I've lost all hope in women

• Yes, but for me I just blend in the background preferring to go unnoticed😊

• Yes good guys exist. But I sat at home alone last night because I have given up on women. Lots are interested but all play games and I'm frankly sick of the bullshit.

The last one gave me her number then confesses she has a boyfriend. She wants to get to know me but is nervous her boyfriend will be jealous. Wtf?

The one before turned into a nervous wreck when I tried to get to know her.

The one before that wanted me to do EVERYTHING. All the initiating texts, calls plans. But when I stop she flew into a panic I was losing interest. well duh.

The one before that wanted to talk babies in the first month.

The one before that I really liked. I fell hard. She fell hard. But she was afraid of all the things a relationship could turn into negatively, so she was afraid to try. It took her so long to grow easy with the idea. Finding it difficult, balancing keeping me around, but at arms length, she made some serious errors in how she treated me and lost me. Then regretted losing me after.
    Why do women try to keep you around if they aren't going to date you or have baggage to deal with first? Trying to keep someone on the back burner for when you finally get your shit together is an asshole thing to do.

The one before that...

• Have you checked your friendzone? 💁

• Of course good guys still exist, but if you not attracted to them why even ask? The better looking a guy/woman are the more shit they can get away with because that's just what happens. That's not to say there aren't good lucking guys/gals that are so called "good" people, but they're generally in a relationship to begin with anyway.

What Girls Said 13

• A guy who wants sex IS a good guy.

It's when they don't want sex from you that you have to worry.

• So a guy that wants to use you for sex is a good guy?

• If you're in a relationship he isn't using you for sex. If you're in a relationship and he doesn't want sex he's getting it somewhere else.

• I'm talking about guys who are single and lead you on that just end up wanting sex and make out that they are good guy

• Yes, there are a lot of good guys out there. My friends and boyfriends were nice guys. I've met players and jerks too and have gotten hurt, but I was lucky to find some really cute and nice guys as well. The ones I had long term relationships were the good guys who wanted a committed relationship. I don't know if it's because I wouldn't sleep with guys and the ones who stuck around were the nice ones who really liked me and didn't mind waiting. Or maybe it's because I get uncomfortable around guys who are loud and cocky and I stay away from them. Also, most of the nice guys I met were from small towns so they were kind of wholesome.

• i think the real question is, are there good people in this world anymore? my boss said "it's a dog eat dog world," and he's probably right. Because nobody seems willing to do anything without getting something out of the deal, even a relationship. you just have to roll the dice, and take your chances. cause this whole world is jacked now. so no one is truly "good" anymore.

• I am about to marry one :)

• honestly all the guys I ve become close too are genuinely sweet and nice people

• Of course they exist, I've met many good guys.

• absolutely... my boyfriend is a good guy

• behind every strong man, is a strong woman

• Yes I know plenty.

• Yep, they're out there. You gotta hang on to him when you see him 😉

• Of course they do. And despite what GAG says, they aren't all "nerds" either. I almost married a clean cut, dorky engineer who was an awful person.

Anyway, if you keep dating assholes, it's probably bevause you have some personal baggage drawing you to them and them to you. Possibly even from childhood. Do some self help work. Like attracts like, mostly,

• Yes, they just don't want me is all

• Yes. But those type of men are VERY VERY VERY RARE. If you ever find a good guy make sure not to mess up because they're very rare. Though most of the good guy dreamy type of guys are either gay or already married so i doubt i'll ever have a chance :(